Zoo Keeper / Educational Guide – Magnetic Island
Job Location: Northern QLD
Organization: Bungalow Bay Resort
$20 – $29.99 per hour
Would you like to work with a highly renowned eco tourism team on Magnetic Island, within a professional team with a leading reputation?
- Established Successful Business
- Boutique Wildlife Park – small team
- Professional Team
- Dedicated to Outstanding Service
People will describe you as having a love for wildlife, people, tourism and embracing your team that surrounds you.
You are analytical and able to decipher information and think of “what if” scenarios and look towards the big picture. You can plan your schedule well and are able to determine which tasks have priority over others in order to allow time to focus on problems and their solutions.
You are extremely focused on delivering a “true” customer experience and know how to have your team follow in your example.
Part of your friendly nature is that you have a high desire to create strong relationships with those around you. What makes you successful is your ambition for efficiency and operational excellence.
OVERALL QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
Self starter, love for Australian Wildlife, fanatical in your approach to looking after your wildlife collection, analytical, technologically savvy, detail oriented, organized, motivated, honest, loyal, efficient, punctual, reliable, decisive, polite, pleasant, practical, problem solver, disciplined, collaborative, resourceful, strong communication, enjoys a challenge, articulate,
- Experience in a similar Wildlife Park Zoo, demonstration provider, education institution
- Effective communication skills
- Have led interactive / educational tours within Australia
- In depth understanding of Reptiles, Mammals, Birds and providing educational presentations in a “fun” delivery.
- Ability to prioritise your work and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to progress in a small team dynamic environment, with people inspired by making life an adventure. We offer a supportive encouraging workplace with the opportunity to grow to your full potential.
Not only will you have the chance to dramatically increase your skills and experience but we also offer long-term employment stability. The business is abundant and rewards performance, loyalty and the extra mile!
THE BUSINESS & ROLE:
As a Zoo Keeper / Education Provider your role will involve but not limited too:
- Wildlife Tours + Breakfast With the Koalas, Animal Husbandry + Records + tour group requirements.
- OH&S accountability and practice
- Availability to your team
- Awareness of company brand and striving to overdeliver to guest experience
- To ensure husbandry and animal welfare is at benchmark standards.
- Maintain relationships with our long term clients
- To be involved with and go the extra mile for animals you will be taking care of
Please send CV AND Covering Letter addressing the role and “Why you believe you should get the job?” to PLEASE NOTE: Any CV’s sent without a covering letter will be discarded.
Preference will be given to candidates that can start in the short term + currently reside in QLD, NT or Tasmania with no quarantine steps to starting in the position.
Please see www.bungalowbay.com.au for overview of your next career progression.
Living on the island:
- Sign On Bonus: Up to first 2 weeks will be provided on site Free of Charge
- Many rooms, units and houses to move into, a community based island with 2000 local residents call Maggie Island home.