Water Services Technician
Job Location: Perth
Employer: Rivet Mining Services
Rivet Group is an Australian provider of specialised transport and logistics, equipment hire and maintenance, mining services, and aviation services.
The advertised role sits within Kirkalocka Gold SPV, a division of the Rivet Group. The role provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated Process Operator to join our Kirkalocka Gold Mine, 70kms south of Mount Magnet.
As a key part of the Kirkalocka Maintenance team, we are looking for an experienced Plumber or similar to work as a site-based Water Services Technician.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the primary focus of the role will be to take ownership of the daily operations and maintenance of key water infrastructure, such as the Reverse Osmosis Plant and Borefields, whilst assisting in the compliance of several statutory and duty of care functions of the operation in regards to emergency facilities and hygiene requirements.
The key activities and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Daily operations, checks, breakdown and preventative maintenance of the Reverse Osmosis (RO) plant, Borefields, Waste Water Treatment Plant, TSF and the camp and administration building’s plumbing services
- Project managing any small to medium scale plumbing infrastructure upgrades
- Butt & Electrofusion Polywelding
- Fostering close working relationships with processing staff and contractor personnel
- Completing adhoc Camp Maintenance tasks, as required
What we are looking for:
You are a reliable, driven and passionate Water Services Maintenance professional with demonstrated experience working in a mine site environment. You can work well with a wide range of people and take ownership of your work whilst delivering to an exceptionally high standard.
- Mechanical or Plumbing Trade qualification is preferred
- Minimum 1 – 2 years in a mine site maintenance role;
- Demonstrated experience in preventative maintenance and diagnostics of Reverse Osmosis and Wastewater Treatment plants;
- C class driver’s licence;
- CN Franna crane ticket preferred;
- LF fork lift ticket essential;
- Confined space and working at heights tickets: preferred.
This role is offered on an 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth on a minesite in an exciting phase of growth. Accommodation and meals are provided in a comfortable camp with a fully-equipped gym, tennis court.
All candidates must supply a National Police Clearance (less than 6 months old) and have the ability to pass pre-employment medicals and drug/alcohol screening.
Rivet Group is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all men, women and Indigenous candidates to apply.
We expect this position to fill quickly, apply now!