Warehouse Operator — Challenge, Inspire and Grow with us at Miss Amara!
We are looking for a talented Warehouse Operator to help us transform the way rugs are sold online! This is a full-time role based in our Sydney warehouse in South Granville.
We’re growing here at Miss Amara — fast. We’re reinventing the way that customers buys rugs online, innovating how people buy rugs through industry-first technology and a best-in-class customer experience. Since launching in 2014, Miss Amara has experienced rapid growth and is now regarded as one of the emerging e-commerce leaders in the APAC. We’ve received industry recognition for our innovation, customer-first mindset and growth trajectory, including:
- Ranked 17th in the Deloitte Fast 50 Tech Companies Australia 2020
- Ranked 150th in the Deloitte Fast 500 Tech Companies Asia-Pacific 2021
- Ranked 26th in the Financial Times (FT) Fastest Growing Tech Companies 2021
- Finalist, Customer Experience of the Year & Customer Experience Team of the Year, Inside Retail Awards 2021
- Finalist, Top Social Media Retailer, Power Retail Awards 2021
Our plan: To be the number one global retailer for rugs.
Miss Amara was founded with one mission – to create the best possible experience for people shopping for rugs online. Miss Amara is made up of a team that is (crazy) passionate about what they do, and strive to create a team culture that is vibrant, dynamic and supportive.
We are shaking up the homewares industry with innovative technology that removes the biggest pain points in buying a rug – offering free returns, free styling advice, and industry-first augmented and virtual reality, tools to ensure our customer selects the perfect rug. Our approach is a complete game changer for how customers shop for rugs.
We are building an all-star team to grow our business and be a place that our customers want to return to, time and time again.
Miss Amara is looking for a Warehouse Assistant to join our award-winning team and our fast-growing business. With our business expanding we need a strong, motivated and energetic member to be part of a team that will support our Warehouse Manager to help get rugs to our customers!
The successful candidate will be someone who can thrive, while working in a fast-paced environment that will require attention to detail ensuring that the right rugs get to our customers at the right time; this person will work efficiently in a team, given that time is often of the essence when we unload containers and load rugs onto our carriers trucks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in early with a high-growth e-commerce startup with great potential for career progression as the company expands into new markets. The role will be located at our warehouse South Granville.
- Assisting the Warehouse Manager to receive and ship out orders, assist with warehouse operations and other duties instructed by the Warehouse Manager
- Picking, packing and consigning customer orders (rugs)
- Receiving returned rugs from customers, inspecting and re-packing for resale
- General warehouse duties and maintenance
- Routine stock-takes
- Unloading and receiving stock from container deliveries
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic workplace
Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a warehouse and enjoys working in a warehouse environment
- Forklift license will be a huge advantage but not essential
- Basic computer skills including data entry would be a bonus
- Attention to detail and time management
- Work under guidance, and also be able to self manage
- Be vibrant, energetic, and have an outgoing personality
- Have a willingness to serve and enjoy working in a fast-paced, fun environment
- Have a can-do attitude and able to complete manual handling, loading and unloading of freight
- To be efficient, reliable, punctual, responsible, willing to work hard
Why should you join?
- Be part of a talented crew — you’ll be a part of a high-growth e-commerce business, with opportunity for career progression as Miss Amara expands into new markets.
- Work in unchartered territory — We are disrupting the homewares space using industry-first technology to stand apart from our competitors
- Join a truly global team – with team members joining from countries all over the world, we are a truly diverse workforce with a dynamic, fun and engaging company culture!