Veterinary Nurse – Permanent, Full Time or Part Time
Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Canterbury Veterinary Clinic & Hospital
Canterbury Veterinary Clinic & Hospital
(Surrey Hills – Melbourne Eastern Suburbs)
Successful Privately Owned Practice
Full time or Part time position
We are currently inviting applications for an experienced qualified Veterinary Nurse to join our passionate team. Our facility is large, new and has state of the art equipment. Our clients include, dogs, cats and exotic mammals.
The role requires an experienced veterinary nurse who is confident and competent. Your role will be varied and will include assisting in surgery.
Join a team of 8 Veterinarians & 9 Nurses, On week days we have 4-5 Veterinarians with 6-7 Nurses. We are also open Saturday and Sunday mornings with reduced staffing.
Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Assist with medical and surgical cases
2. Monitor anaesthesia during surgery and recover patients
3. Providing excellent and compassionate customer service to our clients
4. Maintenance of patient charts and records and discharge reports
5. Perform blood collection, lab work, instruments cleaning and IV catheterisation
6. Patient management, feeding, toileting, bathing and care
7. Greeting and providing exceptional service to clients
8. Payment processing and administration; reconciliation of daily cash and electronic payments
9. Answering phone calls, appointment scheduling and maintenance of patient records
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing, either completed or studying
2. Minimum of 1+ years Veterinary nursing experience
3. Comfortable with all aspects of clinical nursing
4. Being able to work a roster, we also provide flexibility.
5. Friendly, punctual and well presented
6. Work in a busy team environment.
7. Exceptional customer service with excellent communication skills
email [email protected]