Australia Post is one of Australia’s most trusted service providers. Coming up to our busy peak period, we are seeking experienced and confident Driver/Sorters to work at Malaga Delivery Centre on a temporary basis.
As a temporary Driver/Sorter, no two days are the same! You must enjoy a diverse role which will often include sorting parcels for delivery and occasional van driving duties. You’ll be proactive and when required have independence on the road, taking pride in providing a trusted service to our customers.
About the role
- You will be unloading mail & parcels from vans and sorting into either small or large letters, small and large parcels and express post, or interstate and overseas mail.
- You are safety conscious and thrive working in a physical role where you are able to operate loading/unloading equipment as well as manually load and unload mail articles from trucks and vans into mail cages (ULDs).
- You are a perfectionist and able to complete relevant documentation associated with the pick-up and delivery of mail articles where required.
- You have a strong safety awareness and can drive a van efficiently to pick up and deliver mail articles when required and display appropriate knowledge and awareness of Occupational Health and Safety.
- You possess sound knowledge of current state or territory road rules and regulations and have awareness of relevant road networks with the ability to interpret a street directory and aptitude to learn and recall geographical locations.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you will be picking up & delivering parcels and/or mail bags within tight deadlines and to specific delivery targets
- You love interacting with customers and have a positive attitude whilst delivering
To be successful, you will need to have these essential requirements
- You must hold a current full Drivers Licence (for relevant state or territory).
- Must be able to pass a Van assessment by our Network Trainers
- Must be able to lift up to 16kg of mail on a repetitive basis.
- Be able to stand for the duration of your shift.
- Have ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Be capable of handling Australia Post vehicles to our standards.
- Handle parcels that may contain meat and/or alcohol products.
- Be available for full time hours.
- Availability to commence September and work through till January 2022
- Flexibility required; duties may change depending on facilities requirements
The Australia Post Philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
If you are an experienced Driver looking to secure work up until January 2022 and want to work for one of Australia’s most respected organisations, please submit your expression of interest today!