Underground Electrical Supervisor
Job Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end-to-end service to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of civil work, surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Due to our ongoing growth, Macmahon is currently seeking enthusiastic and experienced people to join the team at the King of the Hills (KOTH) mine located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia, 28km north of Leonora. Macmahon has secured a five-year Surface and Underground mining contract with RED 5 Ltd. The mine anticipates annual production above 200kozpa. KOTH is Australiaâ€™s next major Gold Mine, which will feature state-of-the-art technology, 85% new plant and brand-new camp facilities.
Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the marketplace, driving our growth.
We are currently seeking for an experienced Underground Electrical Supervisor on an 8:6 roster to the Project with responsibilities not limited to:
- Ensure that all persons undertaking specified tasks have the required level of skills and knowledge to conduct the task safely and efficiently
- Adjust work plans where necessary and effectively communicate the changes to crew and others impacted by the change
- Ensure shift reports are accurate and completed on time
- Supervise direct reports to ensure that all jobs are completed to the required standard in acceptable timeframes
- Daily workplace inspections as per legislative requirements
- Ensure activities are undertaken as per mine plan
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience
- Current West Australian Electrical Licence (essential)
- High Voltage switching certificate
- Competency to hold nominee for Electrical in-house licence
- Extensive Underground electrical experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the HSE of a crew
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach and motivate people effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Current first aid certificate (including LVR and CPR Rescue tickets)
- Thorough knowledge of Australian standards and comply with legislation and statutory requirements
There is the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, approachable and friendly team with future prospects within a well reputed organisation.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.