Unaccredited Registrar/Medical Officer in Psychiatry
Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Mercy Health
Salary Packaging and Well Being initiatives
Mercy Mental Health
Fixed Term Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Mental Health are seeking experienced and innovative Medical Officers and Registrars (unaccredited) to join their team. Multiple opportunities available with flexible start dates. All inquiries welcome.
Mercy Mental Health, a provider of Public Adult Mental Health Services for the southwest metropolitan area in Melbourne is seeking experienced Medical Officers and Registrars with well-developed communication skills to provide psychiatric assessment and treatment to clients of the Mercy Mental Health Services.
- Full Time Fixed Term 12 month contracts (to be extended by mutual agreement)
- Positions vacant at various Mercy Mental Health sites (see further information below)
- Roles involve a range of duties including the psychiatric assessment and treatment of patients admitted to the inpatient units and patients treated in the community
- Quality supervision and professional development opportunities.
- Experience in adult mental health service provision is essential to these roles
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- High standards of practice with an understanding and commitment to consumer and carer focused service
- Ability to work flexibly within the Public Mental Health service system
- Prior experience working in the Public Mental Health Service system will be of benefit
Mercy Mental Health (South West Area Mental Health Service) is a public mental health service supporting people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also deliver inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than â€˜just a job.â€™ At Mercy Health, we pride ourselves on our values-based culture, and offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health – our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.