Training Lead Culinary
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Crown Melbourne Limited
Training Lead – Culinary
At Crown Resorts, our purpose is simple. Together, we create exceptional experiences with respect and care for our communities. Our employees embrace our company values through our behaviours. We act with integrity, we care, we strive for excellence and we work together. We uphold these values in every interaction, whether it be with customers, our colleagues or the broader community.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to lead in a renowned training organisation in 2022?
Crown College International is a multi-award winning leader in the provision of education and training, specialising in delivering qualifications in culinary, patisserie, hospitality and management, and continues to be recognised nationally as one of Australiaâ€™s largest and most successful registered training organisations.
Crown College is currently looking for a Team Leader – Culinary to join the team. Reporting into the Culinary Training Manager, this role is responsible for coordinating a team of culinary trainers and the Crown College International Cookery Programs. As a Team Leader – Culinary, you will also be involved with some delivery and assessing Certificate III and IV in Commercial Cookery programs.
Some responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direction to direct reports and colleagues in the L&D team regarding course content and training materials
- Development of training and assessment materials for registered courses
- Provide accurate information to students regarding course structures and Recognition of Prior Learning
- Management, coaching and development of the team to ensure performance objective are exceeded
- Conduct audits and training plan reviews
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Experience in a similar position, preferably within an RTO, delivering to international students
- You must hold a minimum of Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment is essential
- Successful completion of tertiary qualification in training or business-related discipline is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in the hospitality industry â€“ preferably as a Sous Chef or above
- A firm understanding of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) frameworks
- The ability to lead and mentor a team
- Demonstrated understanding of Adult Learning Principles and English as a second language
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- You must be fully vaccinated (with two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine) or have a genuine medical exemption to be eligible to work on site at Crown
If you want to be part of the experience that only Crown can offer, and have the required skills and qualifications, then please submit your resume by logging into Crown Careers by the closing date.
Applications close: Wednesday 8th of December 2021
As part of Crownâ€™s inclusive culture, we strongly encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities. Please contact [email protected] for more information
Crown conducts pre-employment checks throughout the Recruitment process including police checks and two references checks. You may also be subject to further checks including an international police check, working rights check and a pre-employment assessment.
Crown does not request payment as part of the recruitment process.