Testing Technician (Specimen Collector – Casual)
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: The Drug Detection Agency Queensland (TD DA)
The Drug Detection Agency Queensland (TDDA QLD) is a fast growing, dynamic company that specialises in providing on-site Drug and Alcohol testing services to a range of industries Australia wide.
Our Brisbane office is expanding further and is searching for a reliable and professional team member to join the TDDA QLD team as a casual testing technician.
Must be willing and able to work flexible hours with availability over 7-day roster and at times with short notice for after-hours call outs (award penalty rates apply to overtime, non -standard working hours and on-call work etc.) and interact closely with TDDAâ€™s clients.
You will work in the Brisbane area and you will report directly to the TDDA Brisbane Operations Manager with the full support of the TDDA State support Office to ensure your success in this role. Residing in close proximity to the Brisbane CBD is a requirement, many of the after-hour jobs are within this vicinity (close to BNE airport). Covid has not affected our industry and we are experiencing rapid growth – we can offer you between 10-30 hours every week.
This position involves a great amount of autonomy; therefore, you will need to have outstanding organisational and time management skills.
You will receive full and exclusive TDDA training to become an accredited on-site specimen collector for drug and alcohol testing services. Any previous experience in this field would be recognised and highly regarded but is not a necessity. You will require your own reliable and roadworthy vehicle with a full and current manual driverâ€™s licence.
The hours of this casual position will vary week to week depending on rostered jobs and call-outs after hours. Flexibility is imperative, as testing is sometimes required by companies at all hours of the day and night 7 days a week. This position will require the successful applicant to complete a large amount of on-call duty (after hours) and you will be compensated accordingly. TDDA uniforms will be provided to the successful applicant. You can expect to receive between 10-30 hours per week. You will work from our Brisbane based office using our purpose-built mobile testing vans to service clients.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol tests are a requirement of all successful applicants.
Are you the right fit for TDDA?
Key Skills and Attributes required for this role include:
- Availability to work on an as-needs casual on-call basis 7 days a week
- Have roadworthy/reliable transport with a current manual driverâ€™s licence
- Ability to work independently and within time frames
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Exceptional attention to detail in completing paperwork
- Be computer literate in Microsoft word, excel and Outlook 365 (SharePoint)
- Be able and willing to handle biological specimens
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Perform onsite testing for drugs of abuse – urine, oral fluid, hair specimens.
- Perform onsite breath testing for alcohol
- Maintain chain of custody of samples and detailed records of all visits
- Scan all documents to the support office in a timely manner
- Ensure the timely transport of samples after collection
- Communicate effectively with Management
- Company Advocacy â€“ pride in the company, working with our systems and policies, striving for improvement, communicating issues or concerns with a solution-based attitude
What TDDA can offer you:
- Stable employment â€“ leading to permanency
- Growth and Opportunities
- Above Award rate â€“ including penalties
- Full training â€“ Certificate Testing Technician (2 days in BNE)
- Support from our Head Office
- Supportive, inclusive, transparent Management Team â€“ giving you autonomy
An introductory covering letter will need to be supplied as the first page of your resume addressing all of the above criteria. Any application that does not include an introductory covering letter will not be considered.
Apply now to join the TDDA QLD team!!