Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
We are Orica, the global leader in mining and civil blasting.
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 13,000 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating with integrity, safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
We are searching for a Test Analyst to join our HR Payroll Project team on a 12-month contract. We are currently undergoing a large-scale transformation project to centralise our existing Payroll function into a central vendor. Reporting to the Test Lead – Payroll , the successful candidate will be a valued member of the dynamic, inclusive and supportive team.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated working experience in a similar role with some exposure to either or all; payroll testing design scenarios; an understanding of employee life-cycle in relation to HCM, T&A and payroll processes; payroll testing system interfaces and process workflows.
This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and results focused professional to further develop their skills and expertise by being an integral part of a Payroll Project team responsible for developing and implementing a new Payroll system.
What you will be doing
•Extract test requirements from the business SME and the requirements document to construct test cases.
•Identify the unique test data required to test the unique payroll processes documented and undocumented such as exception/negative use cases based.
•Lead the interpretation of enterprise bargaining agreement rules and RTM requirements into detailed test cases.
•Perform rigorous payroll parallel testing analysis to identify issues and defects.
•Design and deliver various data sets including rosters to ensure compliance with enterprise bargain agreement rules.
•Liaise with the business and the technical team to discuss various testing topics for the T&A testing conducted.
•Track and manage any defects or problems.
What you will bring
- Extensive knowledge of payroll process and the ability deep-dive into payroll elements – ideal role for previous payroll team members
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyse and digest payroll calculations
- Understands the HCM lifecycle of an employee from previous experience
- Proven experience in testing principles and test documentation such as test requirements, detailed test cases and defects creationI
- Identify the unique test data required to test the unique payroll processes documented and undocumented such as exception/negative use cases based
What’s on offer?
- A key role with a company truly committed to being at the forefront of technology innovation;
- Real opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive and truly global business;
- A healthy salary package and continued rewards for your excellent contribution;
- A culture that values and welcomes big and new ideas;
- The potential for you to develop a flexible career path and access tailored training and competitive rewards;
- And finally, as part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity – paid family leave and flexible work to support you at different stages of your career.