Technical Officer – Central Coast
Job Location: Gosford & Central Coast
Employer: University of Newcastle
Look to the future
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision are our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability.
The College of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing is an innovative and dynamic research-intensive college which is passionate about excellence, equity and engagement globally and regionally. This position enables the promotion of excellence in teaching and learning by providing support for students, clinical educators and staff in the Simulation Learning Environment.
Be challenged and imagine with us
As the Technical Officer and member of the Central Coast Clinical School, you will report to the Operations Manager and work alongside a mix of academic and professional staff. Primarily, you will be responsible for setting up medical equipment for simulation laboratories, providing support to facilitators during teaching and ensuring the high maintenance of the laboratories before and after classes.
Located in the heart of Gosford, near public transport, you will have the opportunity to work in and work with a brand-new multimillion dollar simulation facility and equipment.
This Part-Time (0.5 FTE) Fixed Term 12-month position located at the Gosford Campus on the Central Coast
How will you inspire us?
You will have:
- Well-developed simulation teaching experience or clinical teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- A mature mind-set and approach to your work
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to work autonomously
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in nursing or a health related discipline or role
Clinical Nursing experience is highly regarded.
Conditions & Benefits
HEW Level 5 – $71, 298 to $82,707 plus 17% superannuation.
Additional information on benefits and conditions of employment is available via these links;
Letâ€™s create this future together. Hereâ€™s how to join:
Click on ‘Apply for this job’. Your application will be assessed on essential criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required.
Submitting your application â€“ To apply for this vacancy, please provide in a single document (PDF preferred) (Maximum 4 pages)
- a cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for the position
- a statement addressing the selection criteria found on the Position Description
- your CV with contact details for two relevant referees.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th November 2021 at 11.59pm
To access the Position Description please click Apply.
If you have any difficulties uploading your application please email [email protected]
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you