Technical Business Analyst
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Perm role + benefits (more info on our website)
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it. We’re more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart! Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we’re excited about our future!
The Technology Team comprises of various Practices. Each Practice encompasses multiple Services (Infrastructure, Application or Professional Service). The Services operate as Agile Squads to achieve a high level of performance and quality, delivering on Service initiatives that provide exceptional business value to users.
You will report to the Service Owner, Compliance & Regulatory Reporting within the Customer and Data Enablement Practice. You will work with various stakeholders both in the business and within the Customer and Data Enablement Practice in supporting initiatives by collecting and interpreting business needs to understand and define the technical requirements to meet our regulatory, risk and compliance obligations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support the shaping of initiatives by liaising with a range of stakeholders to get high level scope and objectives to define technical requirements
- Undertake detailed analysis of the technical requirements and support the solution design of outcomes to meet the needs, including documenting specifications
- Identify opportunities for automation, re-use of existing capabilities and removal of inefficient data delivery
- Enable the initiatives to meet schedule, business and budget objectives
You will be an experienced Technical Business Analyst or Data Engineer with an understanding of data warehousing concepts and techniques
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Oracle (OBIEE), SAS Enterprise Guide and Power BI
- Experience with ETL tools like Oracle ODI, Informatica, and Query skills (SQL)
- Understanding of agile principles, values and practices, including defining requirements, writing technical user stories, and data mapping
- Advanced PC skills (Visio, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Cloud based technologies would be desirable
What we offer
- Innovative leadership development programs
- As part of a national organisation, we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, and excellent learning and development programs
There’s so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and weâ€™ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities – we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
It is a condition of employment with the Bank that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you have a medical contraindication or acute illness which prevents you from receiving the vaccine and you provide satisfactory evidence of this to the Bank.
Be quick to apply as applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and the advert may close before the listed closing date.