Technical Assistant (Travel & Logistics)
Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Technical Assistant (Travel & Logistics) with excellent communication skills to manage administrative duties for both Management and the Construction & Commissioning team. This is a permanent role and based in our Perth CBD office.
With guidance and mentoring from the Lead Technical Assistant, you will be responsible for delivering Technical Administration support services with a focus on Travel / Logistics for one of our key Oil & Gas clientele. Your role entails client interaction and assistance, telephone and email communications including providing technical administrative support to one or more project teams and requires you to be extremely organised, flexible and agile.
You will enjoy working at a fast pace while moving between a range of different systems and processes that will keep you on your toes. Your attention to detail means you never miss a beat and your excellent communication (both written and verbal) will ensure you and the team are always on the same page as you tackle challenges together.
Position Specifics / Deliverables
- Coordinating the onshore and offshore crew and logistics activities and to assist Implementation Leads in the day to day construction & implementation support of current projects
- Providing high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, creating and maintaining filing systems, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings and organising travel for staff
- Performing full clerical, administrative, and general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature
- Maintaining regular contact with all levels within the organisation
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
You must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
Ideally, you are an independent, career focussed, office based professional with 4+ years proven administration experience. A Business & Administration Certificate II along with relevant industry experience within Oil & Gas / Mining / Building / Construction is also advantageous (not essential).
In addition, you will be:
- Detail focussed with strong administrative skills, typing with speed and accuracy
- An intermediate to advanced IT user and experienced in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams)
- Ready to commit to a long-term career within the Western Australian resource industry
- A team player, always have your teammates back and understand you have to work together to win
- Punctual, reliable, conscientious, courteous and care to go the extra mile to make the difference
- A problem solver with a â€œsolutions mindsetâ€ who never gives up
- Organised and have an ability to manage a range of tasks with changing / competing priorities while still delivering results â€“ all at a fast pace!
What will set you apart is your proven experience working in a similar Travel Coordination / Technical Assistant role within the Oil & Gas / Mining / Construction industry.
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges. If you are experienced as a Technical Administrator / Travel Coordinator and ready to join a world class Engineering design team in the Oil & Gas industry, we are keen to hear from you today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the worldâ€™s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.