Technical Application Support Specialist
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
When you work at Nasdaq, youâ€™re working for more open and transparent markets so that more people can access opportunities. Connections can be made, jobs can be created, and communities can thrive. We want all our employees to have access to opportunity, too. That means planning for career growth, ensuring you have the tools you need, and promoting an inclusive culture where weâ€™re all valued for our unique perspective.
Here, you will work for a global tech leader committed to breaking down barriers to inclusive prosperity. We see technology as a means to free people up to work together more productively and effectively by centralizing data, analytics, and market intelligence.
Here, weâ€™re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Not only is it our responsibility to do better, but we also need representative voices to power the fresh thinking that is vital for our business and our clients.
What We Offer
As part of Nasdaqâ€™s growing Market Technology business, SMARTS the worldâ€™s leading provider of surveillance and compliance technology is currently seeking a Technical Application Support Specialist to join our NSAC/EMEA Feeds team.
A large part of this role is taking ownership of trading data improvement projects initiated by our customers or markets, analyzing data issue, proposing solutions and working with internal teams to implement the enhancements. Key skills required for this role will include a strong knowledge of Production or Market Data/Private data, trading protocols, and Unix/Linux.
You can expect an autonomous but fast-paced work environment where you are recognized for your results and ability to drive things forward. Every day brings many opportunities to learn and grow and rewards with a global impact we create.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary package, incredible private health insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid annual and parental leave, gym sponsorship and more.
What You Will Do
- Performing monitoring on trading data quality, analyze issues caused by software errors, reported by external or internal parties; troubleshooting, diagnosing and escalating to senior associates.
- Following procedures to startup and shutdown of core application, recovery/reprocess data and monitoring batch processes.
- Troubleshooting private data and market data connectivity issues of increasing complexity with clients, exchanges and trading centers.
- Reviewing system capabilities, department workflow, and scheduling requirements.
- Using expertise and knowledge to implement and deliver data improvement releases to our clients.
- Engaging with both internal teams and our customers on a day-to-day basis.
- Working closely with business analysts and other members of the team to analyze and design efficient solutions to fix reported issues.
- Managing Stock Exchange feeds and projects to integrate or upgrade new and existing trading systems and handling change requests
What We Expect
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience in Data Center, Trading, Computer, or Network Operations
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in the trading/financial IT industry
- Understand financial trading data (pre trade, post trade) and financial trading protocols (e.g. FIX, OMnet, ITCH, OUCH)
- Commercial experience using Linux including a good knowledge of scripting
- Experience with Git
- Experience with data integration and/or manipulation projects
- Experience in working in a globally distributed team
- Ability to take ownership of tasks from issue analysis, solution design to release deployment
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What Would Be Helpful
- Application support experience
- Fixed income/OTC market knowledge
Does It Sound Like You?
Please follow through by clicking the â€œApplyâ€ link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon. In the meantime, please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.