Team Leader / Team Assistant / Disability Support Worker
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: BestLife Foundation Inc
Brisbane South Side
- Multiple Permanent and Casual Opportunities
- Mid-week and Weekend
- Join a skilled experienced team delivering the highest quality support
At BestLife we support children and young adults living with disability to make friends, learn life skills and build independence. The key to helping our young people live their BestLife is our passionate committed team.
Being part of our BestLife team means knowing that youâ€™re doing more than just â€˜supportingâ€™ people. You will bring a kind heart, capacity to deal with challenges, flexibility, a sense of fun, and an enthusiasm to help raise the bar in quality disability support. Ultimately you will be giving young people the opportunity to walk along a path that may one day see them living a more independent life out of the family home, with people they choose.
Do you share our values, passion and the belief that we are all entitled to live our BestLife regardless of ability? Then send us your resume and cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team as a Team Leader or Team Assistant.
You will need:
- Current Driverâ€™s License
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience in disability (if applying for the Team Leader position)
- Some flexibility in the hours you work (including some capacity to work sleepovers)
- Team Leader – mid week and some weekend shifts
- Team Assistant – mid week (eg. Wednesday afternoon to Friday morning including 2 night Sleepovers and split shifts)
- To hold or be willing to obtain a Positive Notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card) and Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- And most importantly a passion and enthusiasm to help young people with disability create the regular independent lives they deserve!
While not a â€˜must haveâ€™ previous experience in the following will be a plus:
- Supporting people with complex behaviours
- Personal care
What we Offer
- Remunerated according to the SCHADS award including penalty rates
- Hourly rate range $28-$61 per hour (depending on qualifications, the day of the week and hour of the day/evening worked)
- BestLifeâ€™s highly regarded disability practice training in person-centered, positive behaviour support and augmented communication
- Support in the workplace by our highly skilled team to progressively develop knowledge and understanding of individual clients and their needs
- Opportunity to become a first-class disability practitioner and grow your role
- Career development opportunities
- The chance to be a valued member of a small dedicated team making a real difference in the lives of young people living with disability
- An optimistic fun work team!
The Application Process
We know our clientâ€˜s quality of life depends on our team. To be apart of our BestLife team and help our young people on their journey to a more independent life by applying close of business 30th December 2021. (Please note in your application if you are available weekends, weekday or both.) Interviews will be conducted with successful applicants on January 6th or 7th 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions please email Kath at [email protected]
If you would like to know more about us check out our website at https://bestlifefoundation.com.au/ or find us on Facebook.
Established in 2012 BestLife is a grassroots organisation created by families for families living with disability. Our approach is entirely client-centered with a model of doing â€˜withâ€™ not doing â€˜forâ€™ our clients. A firm belief underpins our service to clients – all people can have, and are entitled to, the opportunity to live their BestLife. Our clients and our staff rate BestLife highly and unresolvedly recommend it as both a place to work and a special place for their loved ones. BestLife offers a unique pathway to independence from daily life skill programs, single night weekend sleepovers to 3-4 night mid week stays. BestLife – Giving young people with disability the opportunity to envisage and experience the independent future they deserve.