Team Leader Mobile Support Brisbane City
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army Australia’s Homelessness Stream provides high quality, person-centred services to people at risk, and or experiencing homelessness. We support adults and families, including accompanying children with accommodation, case management, outreach support, financial assistance, connection and referral to other specialist services.
Our philosophy is that every person deserves dignity, respect and quality of service and that no one should be without a safe, affordable and secure home. Services are free, voluntary, accredited and delivered by professional and committed staff.
We currently have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Team Leader – Mobile Support Brisbane City reporting to the Regional Manager based in Spring Hill. The Team Leader is instrumental in leading an effective and high functioning team of Case Managers to deliver person-centred, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented case management responses in a community-based setting, that assist in providing tenancy establishment and sustained tenancy, social inclusion, capacity building and support to address immediate and ongoing needs of people referred to the program.
This is a permanent full-time position.
You will successfully
- Ensure service delivery targets and organisational standards are achieved and funding body requirements are met.
- Line manage and supervise case workers in alignment with TSA guidelines
- Leading practice development for the team
- Build and maintain relationships within local community
- Review data, evaluate and feedback on service delivery with the team
You will have
- Degree qualification in social work, welfare, community development or related field OR demonstrated high level of sector knowledge and skills attained through previous appointments, service and study/development
- Relevant experience in a social service environment including in supervising staff
- A current QLD Drivers Licence
- Valid QLD Employee Working with Children Check/Blue Card (position is located at a site that provides overnight accommodation to young people and/or provides support to families in a home setting)
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
The Salvation Army Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.