Team Leader, Claims
Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Insurance discounts & Free Roadside Assistance
We are looking for a talented individual to lead one of RAC Insurance’s Motor Claims teams.
- Flexibility, we offer hybrid and remote working!
- Local West Perth team. Offices close to public transport!
- Excellent staff discounts and career development opportunities!
With over 1.1 million members RAC is one of WA’s most iconic and trusted brands. We are a purpose-led member organisation striving to create greater value for our members and deliver on our purpose to be “The driving force for a better WA.”
Reporting to the Claims Manager, this role is responsible for leading a team of Claims Specialists to deliver a quality member experience through professional and efficient service, while achieving operational performance.
This is a full time permanent position.
What will you be doing?
- Coach and develop the team to ensure reliable and consistent claims management performance
- Ensure all claims are handled in line with RAC Insurance policies, procedures, authority limits and legislative requirements
- Ensure member service standards are being met and make recommendations for improvement where needed
- Identify skills and knowledge gaps and coordinate appropriate learning and development solutions for team members
- Act as a referral point for complex claims, escalated calls and complaints
- Assess, develop, and implement continuous improvement initiatives to consistently deliver improvements within areas of influence
What are we looking for?
- Effective communication skills and attention to detail
- People management, leadership and coaching experience
- Ability to think critically and make sound decisions
- Ability to build and influence relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Frontline member service experience and knowledge of the claims process essential
- Demonstrates empathy, compassion, resilience, tactful discretion and confidentiality when dealing with employees or members
- Commitment to putting members at the centre of everything you do
What can we offer you?
- A workplace culture where our people feel valued, respected and empowered
- Work in flexible ways that meet work/life commitments and support wellbeing
- Be part of a purpose led organisation that gives back to the WA community
- An environment that values ongoing career development
- Free Roadside Assistance and discounts on RAC products and services including Insurance, Holiday Parks and Resorts, Security, Finance and Auto Services
- Opportunities for community engagement and corporate volunteering
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional who will thrive in a culture of continuous improvement. Apply with an online application – please send us your cover letter and CV showcasing what you can bring to the team.
Please note: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as RAC reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
If you are shortlisted, you may be invited to complete an online automated video interview as part of our screening process.
RAC are looking for people who are committed to building a safer, sustainable and connected future for West Australians. From Insurance, Auto Service Centres, Roadside Patrols, Travel, Security, Holiday Parks and Resorts to Finance – we are a diverse, profit for purpose organisation, that has been reinvesting our profits back into the WA community for more than 115 years.
Supporting Diversity & Inclusion
RAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application or contact for assistance through the recruitment process.