Teaching Assistants | Inner South
We are hiring education support professionals with experience and /or qualifications in the special education, disability or community services sector for casual relief teaching assistant opportunities in special needs schools in the following key locations; Port Melbourne, Bentleigh East, Springvale, Aspendale and surrounding suburbs.
About Your Role
You will be supporting the classroom teacher and other education support staff, working collaboratively as a team member sharing in the implementation of programs and support of students’ learning, well-being and physical care. Your role will vary day-to-day to reflect the diverse needs of the learners you are supporting. These opportunities are within school hours (8:30- 3:30), Monday to Friday and on a casual relief basis.
Special needs schools are diverse and provide educational programs to students with a range of needs including intellectual & physical disabilities, health impairments & medical needs, autism spectrum disorders, hearing impairments, visual impairments, language & communication disorders, and social, emotional & behavioural needs. These schools have a strong focus on personalised and individual learning for each student and promote a caring and supportive environment for all.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work hours (within school hours only)
- Rewarding and impactful work
- Invaluable experience in specialist settings
- Free professional development training
Ideal skills and Experience
- Experience in special education, disability support, youth residential care or similar sector
- Experience providing person-centered care and support
- Valid Employee Working with Children’s Check
- Current detailed CV outlining relevant & recent experience
- Details of at least two supervisory referees within education and/or disability support sector
How to apply
Simply click APPLY and upload your CV. If you are shortlisted you will be contacted by phone.