Teacher’s Aide in a Special School for Children with Autism
Giant Steps Sydney
Full Time Teacher’s Aide (Permanent Position) – Immediate start available
Giant Steps is a school for children with autism in Gladesville. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teacher’s Aide who enjoys
- working in an innovative, dynamic and best practice model for children with autism
- working alongside a supportive and dedicated professional team
- our school’s commitment to ongoing professional development
About the role
Teacher’s aides work collaboratively with teachers and therapists to implement effective teaching and learning programs for our students. See our website www.giantsteps.net.au for more information about our services and model.
As a charity, Giant Steps offers attractive salary packaging benefits and paid school holidays.
Duties & responsibilities
- To prepare, manage and set up the teaching resources
- To support students in the daily class program
- To support the implementation and evaluation of class programs for the students, including the outdoor and sports program
- To collaborate effectively within the trans disciplinary team
- To respect and support colleagues and families through positive communication
- To actively ensure the ongoing provision of quality teaching for students with autism
- Current Working with Children Check
- First aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Highly energetic and have a passion for physical activity
- Have an active approach to interacting and engaging with children
- Understanding and knowledge of working within the school environment
- Strong team skills
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of supporting students with Autism or willing to participate in professional development in this area
Giant Steps Sydney is a child safe school. We promote the safety and well-being of children with a disability. Prohibited persons need not apply. Relevant screening checks will be carried out on all applicants.
Applications close 4 October 2021.