Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Bluefin Resources Pty Limited
$150k – $200k package
My client is a well-known member based not-for-profit organisation that supports several thousand SME accounting practices, tax agents and superannuation professionals across Australia. They provide up to date and relevant advice and guidance on superannuation and tax issues to their members. Due to growth and expansion in the organisation, there is an opportunity for a highly technical Tax Consultant to join a newly established division.
This position can be full-time or part-time and will suit applicants who have had extensive advisory and/or ATO experience. It will involve oversight and sign off of the written tax advice coming out of our new division, mentoring of consultants, and providing advice to members.
About the role:
- Sign off on advice written by our internal advisory team
- Providing written technical advice to members
- Providing in-house training to our tax technical team
- Writing, in-depth, technical papers.
- Working with the Tax Technical team on submissions to Federal and State Governments and their various agencies on taxation and superannuation issues.
- Presenting on taxation topics to members and writing articles for the member magazine
- A minimum of 10 years senior advisory or senior ATO experience
- An accounting, commerce and/or legal tertiary qualification
- CA/CPA qualified (or equivalent)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication. The ability to write about complex tax legislation in a readable and understandable way is critical to this role
- Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative and see major projects to their conclusion
- Strong research skills
- The ability to make decisions and provide commentary based on taxation material, ATO rulings, cases, books, journals and other information
- Strong familiarity with the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation
This role would suit a passionate technical tax professional looking for a new and challenging role where they can utilise their tax expertise. The office is Melbourne based but applicants from around Australia are encouraged to apply as remote working is an option.
For more information please contact Jane Hughes at Bluefin Resources on 0405 442889 or alternatively, apply online below to be considered immediately.
http://www.bluefinresources.com.au/privacy-policy [link removed]