Sushi Commis Chef – LUXURY BRAND
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Langham Hotel Melbourne
The Langham Hotel Melbourne is currently looking for a full time /part-time Sushi Commis Chef to join our team.
You will have the opportunity to work with the Kitchen department which consists of approximately 60 colleagues.
Previous experience in a fast paced working environment will be highly regarded, along with demonstrated experience in large volume production cooking.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare & cook food within the Japanese Kitchen
- Assist Chef’s in the Buffet Restaurant
- Cooking food upon request & interacting with guests whilst manning the buffet
- Assuring the mis en place for your section is prepared and completed to the standard of the Sous Chef
- Ensuring food safety logs and requirements are met at all times
- Clean miscellaneous kitchen machinery/equipment periodically
For these roles, your attributes will be inclusive of the following:
- Experience in preparation of Japanese food such as Sushi
- Strong Technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Previous 5 Star Experience is highly regarded
- Flexibility with various shifts
In return for your expertise and professionalism, you will be rewarded with hotel discounts worldwide, discount car parking, uniform provided and laundered, subsidised staff meals, and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You’ll join a team passionate about ‘Knowing our Guests and Building Great Memories’.
These roles have the opportunity for growth. We are looking for the ‘right’ candidates, who lead by example and thrive on teamwork to ensure growth of the department!
If you think this is the right role for you, apply now! Come join our team!
HYGIENE AND GROOMING – Naturally in the service industry high standards of personal presentation, hygiene, grooming, and conservative hairstyles are of the greatest importance. This must present throughout the interview stage.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER â€“ The Langham, Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing diverse workforce and sustaining and inclusive culture.