Support Worker Liaison Officer – Brisbane and Adelaide locations
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: Five Good Friends
$70,000 – $80,000 plus superannuation
Weâ€™re redefining what it means to support people so they can live better lives in their own homes, connected to their friends and communities, doing what they love. We aim to provide exceptional outcomes for our customers by combining easy to use technology with specialised and caring people.
We are seeking a Support Worker Liaison Officer to provide hands on support to our team of carers (we call them Helpers). You will do this by working with internal teams to devise solutions to address day-to-day challenges faced by our Helpers facilitate engagement activities and ensure our Helpers are upskilled to provide the best possible service for our customers (we call them Members).
In an industry with a recently poor reputation (have you seen the news lately? Just look at the Royal Commissions into aged and disabilities care), we aim to challenge the status quo by being a pioneer in our industry, to empower and liberate the people we care for with choice, transparency and really smart technology.
You will get to work in a unique, challenging, and rewarding team called the Health Collective. Your work will help define a kinder, smarter and more human approach for one of the fastest-growing industries in Australia. You can affect change in hundreds – if not thousands – of people’s lives for the better.
Five Good Friends is an empowering place for people to work. Whatever your strengths or weaknesses, you will have the opportunity to explore and grow with our support. Your ideas and contributions matter! By attracting, recruiting and supporting our caregivers, youâ€™ll help redefine how home care can be a transformative and life affirming experience for care companies, care recipients and caregivers alike.
What would an average week look like for me?
First and foremost, your priority will be providing proactive support to our Helpers. You could find yourself working on any of the following:
- Constantly communicate with our helpers to understand any support that they need
- Support Helpers as they navigate issues and events with care recipients, liaising closely with our Talent Agents and Care team
- Conduct ongoing and regular meet ups to ensure team energy and help them grow their client base and income
- Help identify gaps in skills of Helpers and feed back to the training team to address
- Complete community liaison visits and provide reports to the Care team. Conduct group training sessions as required.
- Coach and support Helpers to find a match and confirm Help Plan requirements.
- Conduct education seminars to attract and recruit new Helpers to the Five Good Friends platform at locations such as Retirement Villages, School P&Cs etc
- Conduct Home Safety Assessments and non-clinical Member check in as required
Who am I and what do I care about?
You are experienced in providing care and want to inspire others to strive for consistently exceptional outcomes. You have a genuine passion for the care industry and providing a great service for care recipients.
You are tech savvy and seek ways to use technology and remote care monitoring to liberate Members and their families.
You are known to be an excellent communicator and believe in the important of relationships built on trust. You gain satisfaction when the people you support succeed and you want to inspire others to reach their potential, bringing their authentic selves to work with meaning and purpose.
You love to coach, guide and support workers through all that the job throws at them. You love talking to people and finding out whatâ€™s important to them so you can help make it a reality. You advocate for their needs so that they can continue to do what they love – delighting our Members and helping them live more fulfilling lives.
This is a permanent, full-time position and depending on your skills and experience we’re prepared to offer a salary between $70,000 – $75,000 + 10% superannuation depending on experience.
We are looking for Community Coaches in the following locations: Brisbane and Adelaide.
- Weâ€™ll provide everything you need to work, including a laptop and company vehicle.
- You’ll get the standard four weeks of paid annual leave and the standard ten days of paid personal leave. You’ll also get an extra day of paid annual leave for each year you’re with us after completing your second year.
- You’ll get a yearly $500 well-being allowance to spend on anything that betters your life away from work. Some of the things we’ve used our allowances on are running shoes, remedial massages, gym memberships, books, and dancing classes.
- You’ll get access to our employee assistance programme where you can get private and professional counselling.
Weâ€™d love to hear from you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. If the above sounds like you, weâ€™d love to hear from you.
No recruiters, thanks.