Support Worker – Intake and Referrals
Job Location: Sydney North Shore & Northern Beaches
Employer: Taldumande Youth Services
Taldumande Youth Services is a not-for-profit organisation supporting vulnerable and homeless children and young people aged 12-21 years, and their families. We operate three 24/7 refuges both crisis and medium-term in Northern Sydney areas. Our supported accommodation and community programs provide a streamlined pathway, from homelessness and family breakdown, to independence and stability.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Support Worker – Intake and Referrals (Part-Time, 16 hrs/week). Excellent salary and salary packaging.
This key position will provide you opportunities, challenges and rewarding involvement. It will be responsible for:
- Coordinate the intake of Young People and other clients across all TYS services
- Undertake needs assessments and make referral to other agencies for clients whose needs cannot be met by TYS services and programs.
- Ensure positive communication between partnering service providers.
- Establish and maintain relevant client files.
- Receive and assess all Taldumande referrals and facilitate referral meetings.
- Implementing the cultural placement principals of the Children and Young Personâ€™s (care and protection) Act 1998. this includes the principals relating to culture, language, religion and other components of diversity, and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander principals of self-determination, participation and placement.
- The provision of resource materials and research findings to assist in the development of enhanced intake and referral processes.
- Ensure the maintenance of relevant data and statistics for intake and referral activity.
- Provide support and direction on intake and referral matters to TYS caseworkers.
- Minimum Certificate IV with relevant experience
- Working with Children Check (to be provided prior to appointment)
- Police Clearance Check (to be provided prior to appointment)
- Current Drivers License and own car with comprehensive insurance
The successful person will possess an in-depth knowledge of assessment and case management practices in working with young people who are homeless or at risk and their families who experience breakdown in their relationships.
You will have initiative, commitment and a willingness to strive for continual improvement in providing quality, flexible and ethical services to young people and families in the community.
The position requires that you have excellent time management skills, strong leadership and communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office and can demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively with young people, families, staff and other agencies and services.
When you work for Taldumande you will be offered:
- Training, development and succession planning opportunities.
- Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Award: Crisis Employee.
- Salary packaging benefits.
- Family friendly, flexible work environments.
For more information about Taldumande please visit our website: www.taldumande.org.au
We will require a “Working with Children Check” and Police Check under the Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998.
Taldumande Youth Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Please apply through SEEK with a letter addressing the selection criteria along with your resume.
Last day for receiving applications is 24 November 2021. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taldumande Youth Services is a non-smoking workplace. The position is subject to employment screening and requirements under Child Protection legislation.