Job Location: Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast
Employer: Balnarring Foreshore and Parks Reserve
$25 – $34.99 per hour
About the business
Balnarring Beach Foreshore Parks and Reserves is a small nature reserve and campsite on Westernport Bay. The Reserve is managed by an independent Committee of Management who is appointed by the Minister for the Environment.
About the role
We are seeking a well rounded individual who will be able to undertake ranger duties including:
- Regular patrols of beach and reserves
- Maintenance of campgrounds
- Cleaning of facilities
- Compliance monitoring
Benefits and perks
This is a casual position with rostered days throughout December and January and the opportunity of ongoing work for the right candidate. Pay is $31.25/hr plus penalty rates for weekends and public holidays.
Skills and experience
We are seeking a person with great interpersonal skills and an interest in landcare, maintenance and customer service. The successful candidate will be able to work both unsupervised and as part of a small team.
Please send your CV along with a one page letter of application addressing the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated commitment to conservation
2. Experience in customer service
3. A brief outline of any skills in office admin (eg email etc), landcare, cleaning or maintenance.
4. Victorian Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence
5. Fully Vaccinated with First Aid and Working With Children certificate (or willing to get one)
Please email your application to [email protected] with subject Summer Ranger Position.