Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: Hender Consulting
Julia Farr Housing Association
INCLUSIVE HOUSING & TECHNOLOGY
The Julia Farr Housing Association (JFHA) was established in 1999 to provide community housing for people living with disability. Over the past 20 years, the organisation has developed expertise in the design and construction of accessible homes with intelligent design, smart construction techniques and the smooth integration of potentially lifechanging technology. JFHA is a contemporary social enterprise and passionate about ensuring that homes uphold tenant control and choice, and set the scene for taking up valued membership in community life. JFHA conducts its inclusive housing work through the well-respected brand inhousing, and its inclusive technology work through the emerging social enterprise Stretchytech.
Reporting to the CEO, the Strategy Leader is primarily responsible for:
- the development of new housing stock and the renewal/refurbishment of existing stock;
- delivering a contemporary and growing tenancy management service;
- overseeing the discovery, planning and delivery of inclusive technology services based on mainstream and emerging technology;
- leading and supporting the dedicated team of staff involved in inclusive housing and technology;
- developing strong relationships with key stakeholders including people living with disability, their families, support providers, government agencies, builders, building designers, tradespeople, etc;
- maximising sustainable access to existing and new sources of funding.
Applications are welcome from experienced professionals ideally (but not necessarily) with a good working knowledge of social housing and/or the NDIS. Applicants will need to demonstrate a deep commitment to social justice, and how to translate this into the delivery of inclusive housing and technology outcomes for people living with disability. Strong applicants will have an inclusive leadership style, strategic formulation and implementation skills, strong commercial acumen, well developed project management capabilities and a demonstrated capacity to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Candidates from a diverse range of professional backgrounds are still encouraged to apply if transferable skill sets and experience exists.
This is a genuine opportunity for an accomplished values-driven leader with a social heart and commercial brain to join a well-respected community housing provider keen to continue a track record of high standards and leading edge design and discovery that makes an authentic and potent contribution to peopleâ€™s life chances.
Please visit henderconsulting.com.au for a job and person specification. For further information on our client, please visit inhousing.org.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.