Strategic Sourcing Manager
Job Location: Perth Eastern Suburbs
MACA is one of Australiaâ€™s leading diversified contracting groups, with Operations spanning across Australia and Internationally. As WAâ€™s largest Mining Services company, we work across a range of commodities including iron ore, gold, lithium and nickel.
MACA is on the hunt for a Strategic Sourcing Manager based at our modern office in Welshpool.
Reporting to the Manager – Commercial Mining and Strategic Supply, this new and exciting opportunity will be responsible for the delivery of the strategic procurement of high value categories for the Mining and Crushing Business Units. In addition, you will be responsible for the delivery of the business strategic procurement process for nominated Categories.
To be successful in the role, you will need;
- Extensive procurement and sourcing process and activities for specific High Value High Risk Categories related to Mining & Crushing, including overseeing specific contracts
- Proven experience in the implementation of category management strategies in consultation with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEâ€™s), Operations teams and Commercial Managers
- Proven management experience of the overall Procurement life cycle for allocated categories, profiling the required category, develop sourcing strategy, identify and evaluate suppliers and negotiate and award the contract
- Chartered Institute of Supply (CIPS) qualified and or Tertiary qualification in Legal/Commerce/Finance or equivalent professional knowledge gained through significant experience working in a similar role (10 plus years)
- Ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge across the Mining and Crushing Industry
- Strong Knowledge of Key Commodities including explosives, tyres, fuel & lubricants, OEM spares for heavy vehicles etc
- Demonstrated success in strategic sourcing in similar categories
- Proven ability to drive sound commercial outcomes
- Understanding of contract management systems, contract developments and compliance. Ability to interpret and understand contracts and the relevant legislation and regulations as they apply to contract and subcontract administration
- Highly developed ability to manage challenging relationships with internal and external stakeholders, influence others, use knowledge and experience to support recommendations
- Strong influencing skills with demonstrated change management skills
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to take on this exciting opportunity and have what it takes and want to work for a company where CAN-DO is at the forefront of its thinking, please apply now.
MACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages Female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.