Strategic Psychological Injury Specialist – Personal Injury | VIC
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd
Strategic Psychological Injury Specialist – Personal Injury | VIC – Melbourne
- Put the customer at the heart of everything you do
- Feel empowered to make a positive impact
- Work from Home – Hybrid and Flexible working arrangements
Want to know how it feels to be genuinely supported to grow and develop your career?
As one of our Strategic Psychological Injury Specialists, you will work within the Psychological Services Team of our Personal Injury Division. You will promote early intervention to best support recovery, and return to work with our workers, employers, treating health practitioners and WorkSafe to ensure sustained early recovery and return to work (RTW) for workers with both primary and secondary psychological injury.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Working closely with the claims teams to support, and educate on best practice support, recovery, and return to work model
- Driving the injury management program to deliver improved social, health and commercial outcomes for all key customers
- Supporting, refining and reviewing opportunities for continuous improvement of processes that optimise performance
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities to maximise worker outcomes through analysis of monthly results and application of strategic injury management interventions focused on improving recovery, wellness and return to work outcomes
- Coaching claims teams and embrace role as an SME on psychological injury management.
Important to your success:
- A degree in Allied Health – Mental health background
- experience within an insurance company, workplace rehabilitation or allied health provider in a role where you can demonstrate your expertise in managing mental health claims within a Workers Compensation environment
- Demonstrated ability in coaching and mentoring
- You will be adaptable and have the ability to demonstrate resilience.
- Having a mindset which is supportive and allows you to â€˜walk in our customer’s shoes’ is highly valued.
What’s on offer?
- Learning is not left to chance – you’ll be exposed to ongoing coaching from your manager, given access to hundreds of courses through LinkedIn Learning plus we are making huge investment into external study and trainin
- What matters to you, matters to us too. Feel supported to have open, honest conversations about the flex you need so that you’re able to take care of your personal life
At Allianz, we care for all the things that make you, you. For feeling like you belong. For a place where learning never stops. For growing new skills and opening up exciting possibilities. For your curiosity to thrive and help transform an industry. And when life twists, there’s flex for balance and the support you need. So come and share your ideas, give back and feel proud to be part of a company doing work that matters across climate change and mental health. Let’s care for everyone’s tomorrow so we can create a better future together.
Allianz is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
Allianz is committed to employment equity and therefore welcomes applications from men and women regardless of race or ethnicity, age, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or philosophy of life. Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role. We support flexibility so please discuss your needs with us during the process.
Let’s care for tomorrow. For a career with plenty of room to grow. Care to join us? www.allianz.com.au/careers