Storage and Hosting Engineer
- Analyse and resolve complex hardware and software issues associated with storage and server platforms
- Experience in Windows, Active Directory, VMware, NetApp Storage
- Full time role, located in Sydney
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as data and analytics, cloud, mobility, application modernisation. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a ‘best in class’ regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
As a Storage & Hosting Engineer, you will be required to:
- Provide the planning, design, improvement, implementation and support of storage infrastructure (Hardware & Software), Server infrastructure, Operating System & Virtualisation Technologies (VMware) and back up technologies (NetBackup + NetApp SnapCenter) to high levels of reliability, availability, serviceability, responsiveness and in line with KPIs.
- Analyse and resolve complex hardware and software issues associated with storage and server platforms including VMware/vSphere 6 and later, NetApp (hardware & software) HPE, (OneView & BladeSystem technology), Brocade and others.
- Contribute as a key technical resource for the server, storage, and backup platforms in technology projects through all phases. Assess impacts / risks of new technologies including ongoing migrations of infrastructure to various Cloud-based Services.
- Third level technical support for VMWare and Windows environment. Maintain regular vSphere cluster, vROPS, SRM and ESXi operations and repot on operational issues.
- Life cycle management of infrastructure software & quarterly patch management; including VMware, NetApp, Hitachi, Data Domain to schedule patches, upgrades, and firmware modifications to minimize impact to the business.
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure solutions deployments including Windows, Active Directory, VMware, NetApp Storage, Hitachi Storage, HPE BladeSystem + Virtual Connect / OneView, Veritas NetBackup + EMC Data Domain.
- Relevant IT degree and Industry certifications
- Good knowledge of Windows server 2012, 2016, 2019, SCCM and Active Directory
- Knowledge of Linux a plus
- Good knowledge and understanding of AWS & Azure will be a plus
The applications for this role will close on Thursday, 30th September 2021
ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. Our vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you need to be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC’s Security team.
View the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.