Sports and Programs Officer
Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Employer: Town of Victoria Park
Your new employer
The Town has a dynamic future and we are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Sports & Programs Officer with a passion for the recreational sports industry to join our skilled team in a part-time (15 hours per week) capacity.
Your new role
Reporting to the Sports and Programs Coordinator(s), the position will support development of social sport competitions and programs and assist in delivering high quality customer service to Leisurelife patrons.
Key responsibilities includes:
- coordinating equipment set up requirements for functions, bookings and internal programs
- management and coordination of sports competition referees which includes coordination of rosters, training, development and management
- liaising with sport teams, processing of team payments and competition results
- providing administrative and project support to the Sports and Programs Coordinator/s to deliver social sporting programs to the community
- Introducing an innovative new project/initiative to add to the Sports and Programs portfolio
- Specialty in either of the following sports: basketball, netball, soccer
- Ability to review and develop existing practices and processes
What youâ€™ll need to succeed
- excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- current First Aid Certificate
- National Police Clearance
- previous experience in facility supervision desirable
- evening availability essential (weeknights)
The benefits of working for us
- salary range of $65,918 – $68,440 per annum (pro rata)
- up to 15.5% Council superannuation contribution
- five weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- work-life balance including flexible working arrangements, easy access to public transport and our famous Albany Hwy cafÃ© strip
- job share opportunities may be considered
- free use of gym and aquatic facilities (conditions apply)
- ongoing training and development
- exciting change-creating projects!
Sound like you?
For further information on this position and how to apply please visit our website â€“ www.victoriapark.wa.gov.au
All applications must address the bolded selection criteria in the position description. This should be included in your cover letter and accompanied by your CV.
The Town of Victoria Park is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal, live with a disability, CaLD or LGBTQI+ are encouraged to apply
Closing date: 4 pm Monday 22 November 2021