Job Location: Mackay & Coalfields
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As a Specialist Training, you will be reporting to the Supt. Site Systems and Training, you will be responsible for executing standards and compliance in Training related matters.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing training systems to ensure compliance with relevant Queensland Coal Mining legislation.
- Audit the siteâ€™s training needs analysis.
- Conduct effectiveness tests for the sites SHMS and Training matters to ensure statutory and legislative compliance is met in regard to certifications, licences, qualifications etc.
- Coaching and support of crew trainers/assessors.
- Comply with regulations, policies, standards and procedures
- Build relationships with a range of key stakeholders.
- Be a proactive team member and show initiative in all areas of your work
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Maintain accurate records and analyse key metrics and reports
- Support the Supt Site Systems and Training in safe work practices that comply with the SHMS
- Comply with all aspects of BHP, BMC and departmental policies and values including the BHP Code of Conduct.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe work environment, through actively participating in safety management practices & processes.
- Other requirements as directed by the Superintendent Site Systems and Training.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment (mandatory).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing training systems in line with QLD coal mining legislation and WHS legislation.
- Collaborative and innovative individual who executes continuous improvement initiatives and conversations.
- Willingness to lead and implement change, as well as influence and mentor others in training and safety principles and behaviours.
- Ability to build highly effective working relationships across a range of stakeholders and working groups.
- Show initiative and work with minimal direction, being resourceful and proactive in your approach.
- Able to display effective communication skills whilst following relevant safety and work procedures
- Ability to develop, encourage and support a small site team to execute activities and deliver business visibility across training systems.
- Strong business and customer orientation include problem-solving, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
While it is not mandatory but possessing any of the below certificates will be highly regarded.
- Apply risk management processes RIIRIS301D (S1)
- Conduct safety and health investigations RIIWHS301D (S2)
- Communicate information RIICOM301D (S3)
- Carry out the Risk Management Process RIIRIS402D (G2)
In this full-time permanent role, you will be based at BMC Poitrel Mine in Bowen Basin, QLD with Monday â€“ Friday roster.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK) [link removed]
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employeesâ€™ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number â€“ 45468
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.