Job Location: Sydney
- Drive the link between IT Strategy and the wider business
- Work on the enhancement of existing systems or the implementation of new ones
- Provide software solutions for internal and external clients.
Working with a small and specialised team, this hands-on Software Architect position requires an IT specialist with wide experience across a board range of technologies, and the ability to provide software solutions for the organisation, and its clients. The role works collaboratively with both our IT Senior Leadership Team and the broader business to prioritise technology needs and create a road map for BGIS client areas and key technology platforms.
This role is based in Sydney, NSW. Due to the security clearance required for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Build the link between IT strategy and the business, by leading the development of Application Architecture and Strategy for assigned business priorities
- Consult with stakeholders on the potential use of software and technology applications within their business areas, and provide direction on project and program related developments
- Produce documented frameworks, or architectures, which describe and are used to manage the implementation of a technical environment
- Research assigned technologies, determine business requirements, propose changes, and develop migration and implementation plans.
- Solve business and technology problems or enable new opportunities in an efficient and structured manner.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of professional IT work experience, and 5+ years as a software architect, with experience leading applications management / development for a mid-size enterprise technology group
- Degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline; and solutions architecture qualifications / certifications
- Knowledge and experience with the following: Cloud-based technologies (Microsoft Azure or Network Management (CCNA), modern software development technologies and methods (RESTful services and Microsoft .NET frameworks); Oracle, SQL Server, ASP.NET, SSIS, SSRS and Microsoft Power BI technologies; modern API technologies and methods, SaaS, PaaS and proprietary architecture patterns; ITIL Applications Management Change Management and Release Management processes.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, conflict resolution, negotiation and team-building skills
- Able to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible / innovative approach.
At BGIS, we create safe environments where our people can do their best work. Our team comprises of individuals from many different cultures and nationalities, with a multitude of valued personal and professional backgrounds. We welcome diverse perspectives and are always on the lookout for people who can bring new ways of thinking to our teams.
BGIS offers Professional Development opportunities, excellent Company Benefits, and an exceptional Employee Recognition Program.
- Flexible working arrangements
BGIS has over 7000+ employees globally, we are a leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy and sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, real estate and technical services. We are focused on delivering innovative service solutions for our clients.
Our organisation manages more than 30,000 facilities, including corporate offices, universities, schools, hospitals and stadiums, and we are regarded as a world leader in the management of data centres and other critical environments. Our clients come from a diverse range of sectors, such as Defence, Healthcare, Government, Higher Education and Utilities.
Further information is available at apac.bgis.com