Social Media Specialist
Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Employer: The Minderoo Foundation
Minderoo Foundation is a modern philanthropic organisation. We take on tough, persistent issues with the potential to drive massive change. We incubate ideas and accelerate impact. We push the limits of what is believed possible. Minderoo Foundation is independent, forward-thinking, and seeks effective, scalable solutions. We are proudly Australian, and one of Asiaâ€™s largest philanthropies, with AUD $2 billion committed to a range of global initiatives. Our team comprises over 100 employees across seven locations.
No Plastic Waste is one of the Minderoo Foundationâ€™s 11 initiatives. No Plastic Waste aims to eliminate the negative impacts of plastics on people and the planet and primarily focuses on solutions to create a world without plastic pollution.
About the role
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the social media channels, proactively creating content to help achieve organisational goals. The successful candidate will work closely with both the No Plastic Waste initiative (in particular, with the Public Affairs Director) and the creative delivery functions within the Communications team (including graphic designers, animators, and videographers) to deliver world-class, world-changing social media content and campaigns.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing social media strategies to target new audiences across platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter
- Concept development and creative ideation for social media content across video, graphics, and photography
- Draft engaging, on-brand copy, in close consultation with the NPW team.
- Schedule approved content across social media platforms
- Grow social audiences, maximise engagement and community management (responding to comments/messages)
- Identify and communicate with influencers
- Work with the Social Media Coordinator to generate insightful monthly social media reports
- Monitor social trends and stay abreast of new platforms and best practices
To be successful in this role you will have
- Professional hands-on experience in social media content creation
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape including LinkedIn & Twitter
- Excellent writing, storytelling, and communication skills through social media stories and feeds with a demonstrated track record of building engaged audiences
- Excellent understanding of design and visual elements and able to conceptualise and brief in simple yet effective graphics – experience with Canva, Adobe photoshop/In-Design/Illustrator, or other graphic design programs is a plus
- Ability to interpret social media analytics and to conduct market and trend research with a view to turning it into concise and actionable insights
- Working knowledge of social media management, reporting, and scheduling tools like Sprout Social, Later, etc.
Experience in or exposure to environmental causes/movements, international relations, or similar â€“ preferably with an NGO will be highly regarded.
Of vital importance is that you have a â€œcan-doâ€ attitude and be proactive in suggesting improvements or developing creative solutions to challenges and processes, you can adapt and be flexible and thrive on uncertainty!
Are you resilient enough to bounce back up, dust yourself off, and go again with enthusiasm and a never, ever give up attitude after being knocked back or pushed down?
Are you really up for the challenge?
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are up for the challenge!
Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientations, and those with Disabilities to apply.