Site Engineer – Benalla
Job Location: Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
Employer: CPBJH West Gate Tunnel
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia’s leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunneling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
Embedding flexible work practices
Providing development opportunities for our women
Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Site Engineers to support the Westgate Tunnel Project team in Benalla.
As a Site Engineer on this high-profile infrastructure project you will be accountable for:
- Assisting with planning and programming activities to ensure the most efficient use of resources and the completion of the project in accordance with safety, environmental, specification, design and contractual requirements
- Preparation of short-term target programs that accurately detail remaining time to complete for construction packages
- Promoting and ensuring compliance with quality assurance objectives during project planning and delivery of the works
- Preparation of all quality assurance documentation associated with any work scope being delivered
- Providing information to develop cost forecast and reports which accurately reflect the current status of the project
- Preparing and assessing monthly claims for subcontractors and suppliers
- Ordering and scheduling of materials, plant and equipment
- Assisting with the supervision and management of subcontractors to meet budget, quality, safety and program requirements
- Undertake site inspections and coordinate with Supervision to deliver the project
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Preferably 3 yearsâ€™ post-graduate experience in construction or infrastructure projects
- Excellent attitude and awareness of safety
- Self-motivation and drive to achieve value-for-money results
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.