Services Assistant – Mount Barker Hospital
Job Location: Adelaide Hills & Barossa
Employer: S.A. Health
Salary:$997.00 -Â $1,008.10 per week
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network, Mount Barker District Soldiersâ€™ Memorial Hospital
- Salary: WHA-2 $997.00 – $1,008.10 per week (Pro-rata)
- Temporary Part-Time position available working 24 hours per week up to 30/9/2022 , over a 7 day roster
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to join a team that prides itself on having a patient-centred care approach to services. The successful candidate will be supported by a strong facility and regional management team.
The Services Assistant is responsible for providing a timely, efficient and effective service, that involves the catering and cleaning of the health unit. Duties may include the preparation, service and delivery of food to clients, and general housekeeping.
The Services Assistant may also be required to undertake laundry duties.
If you would like to be part of our leading team and have a passion for health care within your community this could be the role for you
The successful candidate will possess the following.
- Cross-departmental experience (Kitchen, Cleaning ) working in an health environment
- Have previous food handling experience (food handling certificates a bonus!)
- Demonstrate a high level of empathy and compassion and including a person-centred approach
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, be reliable and hard working
- Hold a current National Police Certificate & working with children certificate (Obtained within 12 months)
- Immunisation record of 2021 Flu Vaccine ,Immunisation record of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Availability to work rotating roster (incl. weekends)
If you want to join our inspiring team, we can offer you:
â€¢ An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our patients
â€¢ great team environment
â€¢ Enjoy Flexibility in working hours promoting a work/life balance
â€¢ modern facility with onsite parking
â€¢ An opportunity Salary package
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
For more information about the role please refer to the Job Pack provided below. Job ref: 778801