Senior Technical Officer TGO 3
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: S.A. Health
Total Indicative Remuneration:$87,792 – $92,634
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network – Rural Support Services, Torrensville
- Total Indicative Remuneration: TGO-3 $87,792 – $92,634 p.a.
- Permanent Full-time position working 37.5 hours per week
Primary Objective(s) of role:
- The primary objective of BHFLHN, RSS – BME is to assure the safety, effectiveness, availability and compliance of biomedical technology used directly for patient diagnosis, treatment or monitoring for or in connection with the public hospital and healthcare facilities of SA Health.
- Provide high level support to the Technical Manager to ensure the effective management of diverse human and physical resources, in order to facilitate the delivery of services that are considered highly specialised and critical to patient outcomes.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of specialised biomedical engineering operational services, advice and assistance, to support the ongoing operation, availability, application and maintenance of current and emerging biomedical devices, systems and technologies, which ensures the provision of effective and safe medical and diagnostic services within an agency.
- May specialise in a specific area of technology, or operate at a level of technical complexity across a range of technologies. The position may also be required to provide technical guidance to other staff, to support the delivery of research and technological development activities.
A Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant technical discipline.
**Please note: Will be required to stay overnight a minimum of 1 week per month, role involves metro and country travel within South Australia.**
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
For more information about the role please refer to the Job Pack provided below. Job ref: 771545