Senior Structural Engineer
Job Location: Perth
Employer: Clough Projects Pty Ltd
Clough is a pioneering engineering and construction company established in 1919 in Perth, Western Australia. Clough delivers sustainable high performing assets for the infrastructure, resources and energy industries underpinned by a dedication to problem solving and getting the job done safely and efficiently.
Today, Clough manages a global workforce of almost 2000 people from operating centres across Australia, Papua New Guinea, Asia, Africa, UK, and North America. Our team strives for the best in everything, setting new safety and performance benchmarks every single day.
Reporting to the Chief Civil/Structural Engineer, the Senior Structural Engineer is to provide engineering and construction design support in compliance with relevant statutory codes of practice, client requirements and Clough Company standards such that the work is consistent with the overall objectives of the Project.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing the quality structural design in accordance with applicable standards, project technical requirements, project budget and schedule
- Work with a team of multi-discipline engineers on multiple concurrent projects across the entire life cycle from concept, FEED, tender, detailed design and construction support phases
- Facilitate the development of new ideas, methods and innovative designs through the application value engineering skills in order to improve the company’s marketability, efficiency and profitability
- Participate in hazard and constructability workshops and undertake design reviews to ensure safety in design and fit for purpose
- Promote the Company vision and mission objectives in the provision of structural engineering design services, including the enhancement and maintenance of our engineering skills and technology base
- Mentor junior engineers
You should possess the following:
- A tertiary university degree in civil engineering, preferably with Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status (applicants working toward the Chartered status will also be considered)
- Extensive hands-on design experience (10+ years) in resource projects in both brownfield and greenfield environment in Australia
- Advanced skills in Space Gass including the plate element modelling and analysis
- Experience in RAM Connections and Idea StatiCa software would be highly desirable
- Experience in the marine projects and temporary works design would be advantageous
- Strong technical capability and report writing skills
- Project management and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
This is a very exciting time for Clough with many new projects on the horizon. If you are inspired and wish to be part of Clough’s success, then don’t delay – Apply now!
Please note: Clough reserves the right to commence the shortlisting process for this role immediately and the right to remove the advertisement before the closing date. Agency submissions will not be considered for this position.
Clough promotes a workforce culture that embraces diversity.