Senior Solutions Architect
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Department of Transport
SENIOR SOULUTIONS ARCHITECT
- Annual Salary Range: STS – $170,997 – $232,558
- Tenure: Fixed Term [31-DEC-2023]
- Employment Type: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual Work Location: Melbourne CBD (flexibility may be available)
About the Team
To deliver transport services across all modes that provides a single user interface to the transport network.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Solutions Architect is responsible for delivering complex architectural designs and solutions within the Transport Architecture framework and Project/Programme Investment Life Cycle (ILC). This role will provide leadership and development to project teams and work with and provide expert information and advice to other architectural roles within the Transport and Digital Technology Division. The Senior solutions architect will provide leadership and guidance on the technology options and solution design to ensure timeline delivery of robust solutions.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability in driving an effective solution covering all layers of solution architecture including business process, application, technology, data and security architectures.
- Experienced in proposing, reviewing, and validating Operational Control Systems and integrations.
- Excellent ability to write technical IT documentation including design documentation and presentations suitable for executive audiences.
- Experience in on-vehicle hardware/software architecture and integration and Radio and communications technologies.
- Demonstrated experience working within an environment with an established Enterprise Architecture Practice.
- Extensive experience in a solution architecture and design role for Operational technology, data and integration platforms and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, build and maintain strong and effective partnerships with all levels of management within the business, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Technical leadership in driving discussions with vendors and service providers towards better solutions and business outcome for the Department and public transport customers.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT Systems or related area.
- Extensive experience as a solution architect leading technical aspects including technical risk assessment and mitigation, solution option analysis and design, and solution delivery support for on intelligent control systems, IoT and operational technologies.
- TOGAF 9 Certification or Training.
- Experience in solution architecture and deployment of public transport monitoring, control and management systems.
- Knowledge of public transport data model (e.g. Transmodel) and reference architecture and data standards (e.g. ITxPT, SIRI)
Culture and Benefits
The Department of Transport is committed to building a culture of developing our people to achieve great outcomes for the Victorian transport network. We are proud of our commitment to flexible work arrangements that support different ways of working, helping employees balance work and life. We are focused on providing a workplace environment that is rewarding, enjoyable, healthy and productive for all employees, where contributions are valued and recognised, expectations are clear, and treatment is fair and equitable. More information on the PD attached.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please call Yandong Fan on 0439 267 093.
How to Apply
Please note: This position requires the successful employee to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or medical evidence which confirms the individual is unable to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical contraindication or an acute medical illness.
Failure to comply with this condition of employment will impact your eligibility for employment in this position with DoT.
Applications should include a resume and covering letter.
Applications close 11.59pm on 31st Dec 2021
Preferred applicants may be subject to pre-employment checks. Information provided to the Department of Transport will be treated in the strictest confidence.