Senior Software Engineer – Java
Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Employer: Bankwest Group Services
Senior Software Engineer – Java
- Permanent role based in Perth CBD
- Opportunity to work on projects that matter to our customers aligned to the Home Buying journey
- Be a part of nurturing collaborative team
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Strong Experience in Java API development. We have plenty of Java systems we develop, and a few of .Net ones, so .Net experience would be an advantage
- Experience using front end frameworks. We use Angular 12 at the moment, we have a few of apps, don’t worry if you don’t have extensive Angular experience, we will teach you
- Experience in Automated Testing
- Experience of modern software engineering methodologies (Design Thinking, Agile, Lean, DevOps, Continuous Delivery, UX)
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Flexible work options to support your emotional and mental well-being in the role
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow
See yourself in the team
Bankwest Technology develops and executes all technical change within the organisation ensuring the leverage of technology to deliver the Bankwest Strategy. The Division works on a wide variety of technologies and projects with the support of a dedicated team in an agile methodology.
We strive to be the most productive, agile and customer focused technology/operations team in the world. We want to be known for being vibrant, collaborative, innovative, trusted, and courageous. It’s how we support the business achieve our vision.
Engineering and Automation is the team within Bankwest Technology that is responsible for delivering business value through software applications and platforms for Bankwest, including architecture definition, design, analysis, development, QA/testing, release, configuration, support maintenance and optimisation. Members of this area are embedded within squads across the organisation to best meet customer needs.
Do work that matters
As a software engineer you will be embedded into a squad – a cross functional team that is self-managing with end-to-end responsibility for designing, delivering, and optimising a specific customer-focused outcome. You will bring your expertise and creating thinking to deliver software, solve customer and business problems and optimise out systems.
On a day-to-day basis you liaise with other Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, Business Analyst, Scrum Master and Product Owner of your squad, who will provide guidance. You will report to an Engineering Team lead, who will provide feedback and development coaching, helping you to grow your capabilities and exposure across the organisation.
As a Senior Software Engineer you are:
- Empathetic and self-aware. You think and care deeply about how you might interact with your team, stakeholders, and customers.
- A Mentor, harbouring a passion to nurture, grow and influence those around you to think differently and always maintain a growth mindset.
- Innovative. You continually seek to improve the status quo for our customers. You inspire your team to do the same and remain resilient through change
- Risk Aware. You proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
Your Responsibilities include:
- All aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, estimation, design, development, quality assurance, support, maintenance, and optimisation tasks
- Driving pragmatic and fit for purpose solutions of high technical quality
- Maintaining software design, engineering processes and quality standards
- Be an active member of a cross functional team willing to fulfil any role to achieve the goal of the iteration.
- Working collaboratively with the other engineers both within your team and across other squads
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Whether you’re passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you’ll thrive. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We’re determined to make a real difference for Australia’s first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you’re already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you’ll need to apply through Sidekick [link removed] to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.