Senior Software Engineer C++/AI
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Organization: AOS Group
- Develop next generation of AI platforms and applications
- Join a highly skilled software team
- Melbourne CBD/Carlton
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a development team at the forefront of AI and intelligent robotics in Australia, competing directly with companies worldwide in robotics and autonomous technology. Join an elite software development team building the next generation of joint cognitive human/machine teams based on intelligent software agent technology.
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Leading a dynamic, cross-disciplined, agile team to provide software expertise.
- Software systems design using both traditional OO and Agent-oriented software engineering.
- Writing high-quality C++ code with documentation.
- Designing and implementing software agents in both simulation and robotics.
- Leading the team to deploy and test both prototype and production systems.
We are seeking someone who possesses leadership capabilities, as well as technical strength and a flair for innovation. You will be resourceful and able to inspire a world-leading team based in Melbourne, including university collaborators.
This role will suit someone who is ambitious, versatile, and keen to take on more responsibility. It offers rapid professional development and a career path within AOS as the company expands.
The following will be highly regarded:
- Understanding of modern software architecture and patterns.
- Understanding of symbolic AI systems.
- Degree in a software engineering related field.
- Experience of working with Game Engines and Simulation.
- Understanding of event-driven and multi-threaded applications.
- Experience of implementing real-time systems.
- Australian Citizenship, or eligibility for a National Security Clearance.
The position requires some domestic and international travel, both to customer sites and to support testing and trials.
- Team leadership experience in a complex systems development environment.
- Technical strength, C++ software development experience.
- Proactive attitude – a problem-solver.
AOS is Australian-owned, leading the world in symbolic Artificial Intelligence software and robotic systems, developing solutions for industry, commerce and defence. We have a very strong technology foundation, based upon the company’s pedigree of 25 years in AI. Our world-leading innovations include: C-BDI™ Resilient Teams – a software framework for the creation of human-machine joint cognitive systems; Kelpie® – a family of Unmanned Ground Vehicles, including an autonomous weed control robot; and iWatchdog™– a system that allows a person to task multiple autonomous vehicles or systems.
AOS’s software team is internationally focused, working collaboratively with major international corporations, and conducting joint research with leading Australian universities.
AOS is expanding and evolving, building on its R&D base to deliver products and solutions to multiple customers worldwide.
As a growing enterprise, we support the re-opening of Australian business during this ongoing COVID pandemic, and encourage employees to be vaccinated.
We are also pet friendly, and your dog is welcome at work.
Our website: http://www.aosgrp.com