Senior Risk Analyst
Job Location: Melbourne
We are Australia’s largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- Exciting growth plans, both locally and internationally
- Deliver outcomes for our Members
Your new team
Our Member Experience group is a passionate and dedicated team who strive for innovative outcomes in new and exciting ways, striving to continually improve the multi-platform and multi-channel experiences of AustralianSuper members. Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility.
Your new role
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of first line activities across Member Experience business units. The successful candidate will support and execute aspects of the Line 1 Risk & Controls program to mature the end-to-end Member Experience control environment and have a key role in driving risk and control management assessments, thematic and incident-related reviews as well as support policy formulation and implementation as well as controls design advisory on strategic projects and profiling delivered risk. The outcomes of these activities will be communicated and presented to senior stakeholders through regular engagement and appropriate risk reporting/dashboards. The Senior Analyst will have the opportunity to develop meaningful risk reporting and present these insights to senior management and leadership teams. The role will partner extensively with Group Risk.
Some other key duties include but not limited to:
- Identifying systemic issues and events resulting from unidentified risks that may impact the Department.
- Support the implementation of the Fund-wide processes, systems and tools that will enable vendor and supplier owners to appropriately manage and demonstrate the management of third-party risk.
- Ensure risk is managed in accordance with the Fund’s Risk Management Framework including risk identification and management, risk profiling, risk reporting and incident management. Proactively encourage the identification and reporting of key risks, incidents and findings, and development of action plans
- Implement strong risk controls on processes, policies and systems to ensure breaches are limited; actively build and promote a group-wide culture of risk management awareness and appreciation.
- Assist in the provision of reporting requirements for various functions including e.g. for Leadership, Executive team, Board Committees and the Board on relevant short and long-term trends, performance and specific projects, risks, opportunities, and challenges.
- Assisting with risk management activities including monitoring, reporting, and providing input into Audit reports and management response.
- Support the implementation of the Fund-wide processes, systems and tools that will enable vendor and supplier owners to appropriately manage and demonstrate the management of third-party risk, with a particular focus on risk and assurance aspects.
What you’ll need
- 7+ years’ experience in risk management, ideally working in the Financial Services.
- Strong knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks.
- Ability to translate complex and technical information into relatable terms and concepts.
- An ability to analyse trends, diagnose problems and issues and then recommend actions dealing with underlying root causes.
- Excellent oral, written communication, presentation skills.
- Ability to influence and develop and maintain high quality interpersonal relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the Fund.
- Extensive experience in working autonomously, setting and managing conflicting priorities and meeting specified timeframes.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and comfortable working in a small team and a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in a Financial Services/Superannuation environment, Risk and Compliance and a Tertiary Qualification in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
What you’ll get in return
You will be working with a manager who values and supports your personal growth, in a growing, dynamic, and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts members first. Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
We are committed to the recruitment, development, and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we’re happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
We are proud to be a WGEA certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (since 2012) and to be recognised as one of Australia’s top 10 workplaces for Dads.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be You
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.