Senior Property Paralegal
Location: Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
Company: Rees R & Sydney Jones Solicitors
Senior Property Paralegal
Rees R & Sydney Jones, Solicitors
- Permanent full time position
- 38 hours per week
- A prominent Central Queensland law firm
- Pay pursuant to the Legal Services Award
- Lifestyle package benefits
- Great firm culture
- An employer of choice in our region
Who We Are
Rees R & Sydney Jones, Solicitors are a well-established law firm in Rockhampton, first opening its doors in 1864. Our philosophy is to take personal responsibility to ensure our clients’ legal needs are met in a timely, effective and affordable manner. We are a full service firm with offerings in Commercial, Property, Business, Agribusiness, Succession, Estates, Personal Injury and General Litigation areas of Law.
We offer a professional yet friendly and down to earth environment with approachable Partners and employees. Our Partners encourage a healthy, balanced lifestyle for all staff and support this by providing “lifestyle package benefits”.
Check out our website www.reesjones.com.au [link removed] and our Facebook page @ReesRSydney Jones for more details about our firm and our friendly team.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced full time Senior Property Paralegal to join our team. The role will provide administrative and legal support to our Energy, Environment and Agribusiness (“EEA”) Department.
You will ideally have at least 4 years’ experience as a legal secretary or in a conveyancing / commercial paralegal role.
You will be part of a team that works on high quality property transactions including a range of complex and exciting ‘rural’ projects, such as:-
- rural conveyancing;
- family land transfers;
- environmental law / mining law;
- renewable projects (i.e. solar farms, wind farms);
- land developments; and
- State land matters.
To be suitable for this position you must possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Be proactive in your approach to work;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong organisational ability; and
- High proficiency in typing, spelling and grammar.
You must also be proficient in the following:
- Microsoft suite of products;
- VOI / Docusign;
- Open Practice (GlobalX);
- Worldox / Lawdocs;
- Qld Globe;
- Conveyancing documentation and procedures;
- Preparing various documentation (i.e. Deeds, transfers);
- Drafting correspondence; and
- Managing numerous staff diaries.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- A strong willingness to work as part of a team and autonomously;
- Be able to work under pressure and with conflicting priorities;
- Communicate well with clients, banks and government agencies and build relationships;
- Excellent phone manner;
- A strong willingness to learn; and
- The ability to prioritise tasks, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
The role is a full time role from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). This role cannot be performed remotely and requires your physical presence at the office.
You will be remunerated pursuant to the Legal Services Award.
If you are interested in this position and have the attributes and essentials as listed above, please apply by emailing your application letter and resume to our General Manager, Linda Humphreys at: [email protected] [link removed].
Applications will close at 5:00pm on Tuesday 5 October 2021.
Please note, consideration will only be given to applications containing a cover letter, resume and contactable referees.