Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: NEC Australia Pty Ltd
NEC Australia is a leading technology company that delivers a complete portfolio of ICT solutions and services to large enterprise, small business and government customers. NEC Australia helps customers gain greater business value from their technology investments, by delivering end-to-end technology solutions, business and IT transformation consultancy, professional services, communications solutions, application and solutions development and infrastructure and applications managed services and support. www.nec.com.au
About the Role
- Implement and support large projects of work, including.
- complex migrations of Oracle database between OVM and OLVM
- Upgrades of RAC databases to version 19c
- Knowledge of implementation utilising GoldenGate
- Disaster Recovery implementation and testing
- Oracle Middleware migrations to 12c
- Create/ design, implement, and maintain Oracle database systems in a range of environments covering the complete product life cycle, in a range of complex and critical environments
- Provide Oracle Database Administration support functions, including database availability, database reorganisation, backup & recovery, capacity & resource utilisation management, performance and tuning problem troubleshooting, and upgrades & patching
- Contribute to the Database Services technical discussions, and the maturity of the teamâ€™s standards and processes
- Provides mentoring & coaching to the junior Oracle Database Administrator
- 10+ years’ experience in advanced Oracle database administration and optimisation.
- Expert knowledge in Oracle database server technologies, including but not limited to the key features of Oracle database 10g, 11g and 12c. Knowledge in database 19c is highly desirable including Oracle Middleware, Oracle RAC, DataGuard and Golden Gate replication.
- Expert knowledge of High Availability and Business Continuity solutions, including but not limited to Oracle and third-party clustering solutions, and Oracle and third-party replication solutions.
- Experience in migrating Oracle databases is essential due to ongoing project work.
- Sound knowledge of common operating systems, including but not limited to Linux, Solaris, OVM/OLVM, and Windows.
- Good Understanding of ITIL Service management with a Certificate in DevOps Foundation is nice to have.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and effectively work with internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated capability to work proactively, meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work and show leadership under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Attractive salary on offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Continues learning & Development Culture
- Work alongside passionate and like-minded people
We are keen to fill this role as soon as possible. Please reach out to Simone at [email protected] if you have any further queries.
NEC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.