Senior Officer (EL1/EL2 equivalent) – Dispute Resolution/Litigation
Job Location: ACT
Allygroup is seeking experienced lawyers (5+ years PAE) to work at EL1/EL2 levels for our Commonwealth government agency in the Dispute Resolution and Litigation Branch supporting the Administrative Appeals Tribunal inhouse litigation practice. The positions are for a 12 month contract with possibility of extension. The positions are located across Australia in Canberra, Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
The positions are important team leadership roles. You will be responsible for the resolution of complex issues and risks involved in our client’s AAT cases. You will be required to coordinate and provide high quality legal advice, support and services in relation to alternate dispute resolution and advocacy services.
What experience you need to be successful
- A minimum of 5 years (EL1) or 7 years (EL2) experience in Commonwealth and State/Territory litigation matters
- Extensive experience in alternate dispute resolution, administrative law, statutory interpretation and administrative principles
- Baseline Security Clearance – Allygroup can sponsor you if you do not currently have a baseline clearance
Required candidate skills include:
- Ability to conduct litigation in the AAT on behalf of the CEO of the Agency
- A well-developed and practised understanding of AAT processes and documents
- Providing high quality legal advice, support and services to our client’s internal stakeholders
- Ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines, with accuracy and high attention to detail
- Leading a team of inhouse lawyers and mentoring the junior lawyers in your team
- Ensuring litigation workflow prioritisation
- Applying alternate dispute resolution methods and advocacy skills to resolve applications within the model litigant principles
- Providing advice on legislation, guidelines and policies in the context of AAT matters
- Leading the improvement of the in-house legal practice with an emphasis on the development and mentoring of AAT lawyers
- Leading projects that inform on precedent, protocols and internet content development
- Leading/supporting business partnering activities including capacity development or training in a particular area of law
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with stakeholders and clients including tribunals and other government agencies
What you need to do now
To apply, click the â€˜Apply for this jobâ€™ button above or send a current resume and cover letter to our team at [email protected] expressing your interest in this opportunity. For a confidential talk in relation to this position, please call us on 02 5104 3170.
Allygroup is a law firm which specialises in legal management consultancy, legal project management and legal recruitment.
Allygroup is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and endeavour to put forward the best candidates regardless of their cultural, gender or religious identity.