Senior Legal Officer (APS6/EL2 equivalent)
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
An exciting opportunity exists for talented lawyers of 3+ years PAE to work for a federal government agency. Initially you will be required to work remotely with options for onsite in the longer term. The position is a 6 month contract with likely options for extension.
Our client is seeking someone who has strong expertise and experience in legislative drafting and writing support for legislation process documents.
Required candidate skills include:
- Can provide legal advice and instructions that reflect policy intention to internal and external stakeholders
- Be experienced in legislative drafting
- Have excellent technical capabilities in developing legislation, policies, and procedures
- Provide strategic advice and writing support for legislation process documents including Explanatory Memorandums, Human Rights Compatibility Statements and Briefings
- Previous experience in regulatory law, administrative law, and governance
- Statutory interpretation experience
- Able to work independently
- Positive attitude, resilient and efficient
What you need to be successful
- Baseline Clearance mandatory
- Required resources to work remotely
What you need to do now
To apply, click the â€˜Apply for this jobâ€™ button above or send a current resume and cover letter to our team at [email protected] expressing your interest in this opportunity. For a confidential talk in relation to this position, please call us on 02 5104 3170.
Allygroup is a law firm which specialises in legal management consultancy, legal project management and legal recruitment.
Allygroup is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and endeavour to put forward the best candidates regardless of their cultural, gender or religious identity.