Senior Insights Analyst
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Auto & General
At Auto & General (A&G), we provide smarter products and solutions to safeguard our customers in their time of need. Our range of general insurance products protect customers on the road, at home and on holiday with various Car, Motorcycle, Home, Contents, Pet and Travel Insurance products as well as Roadside Assistance.
Our culture of â€˜high performance with high integrityâ€™ underpins our values and the way we interact with our customers, the community and each other. Weâ€™re excited about the future and weâ€™re always on the lookout for talented, passionate individuals who can help us achieve our goal of being Australiaâ€™s best insurer! If this sounds like you, apply today.
Visit our website [link removed] to find out more.
We are seeking a Senior Insights Analyst to join our high performing Pricing Team. The purpose of this role will be to assist the Portfolio Monitoring Manager to enhance the monitoring capabilities and produce analytical insights. This position will be well suited to someone who likes a fast-paced environment with opportunities to work in a wide range of areas.
- Building monitoring dashboards to enable early detection of emerging issues and to provide visibility on business performance;
- Building machine learning capabilities such as anomaly detection models into the monitoring suite;
- Maintaining, migrating and enhancing the reporting suite aimed at supporting Senior Management to effectively manage the relevant insurance portfolios;
- Identifying, reporting and analysing trends in the Domestic insurance portfolios, including e.g. volume, premium and profitability related indicators;
- Performing analytical investigations to generate actionable insights for Senior Management to make informed decisions;
- Working closely with the product owners and the wider business to develop effective measures to address emerging trends;
- Analysing and segmenting transactional data from the proprietary underwriting system(s) and policy database;
- Supporting the business with their quantitative analysis needs, e.g. review of underwriting question sets and processes;
- Driving continuous improvement of data quality, presentation, and insight generation, including embedding relevant metrics in regular reporting;
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of pricing and product changes;
- Performing other relevant activities as requested from time to time to meet operational requirements.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Information Management or Statistics or related field;
- A superior problem-solving ability with excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation;
- Proven experience in data analysis, including ability to:
- Work with large data from various sources through various platforms;
- Access and manipulate data quickly and efficiently;
- Work with both structured and unstructured datasets.
- Previous experience within General Insurance is highly advantageous;
- Working knowledge and understanding of short-tail insurance product(s), underwriting and rating methods â€“ including drivers and levers of profitable growth;
- Intermediate to Advanced SAS and/or SQL;
- Intermediate to Advanced PowerBI, Excel, R and/or Python and, more generally, of the broader MS Office suite;
- Prior experience on Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cognos TM1 is advantageous although not essential;
- A â€œcan doâ€, team focused attitude with the ability to work autonomously while maintaining focus.
- Location â€“ Our office is conveniently based in Toowong Village shopping centre – a city fringe location with access to retail, restaurants, various parking options and public transport.
- Extra leave – Enjoy additional leave days on us! Youâ€™ll receive a paid â€˜MEâ€™ day and one paid volunteer leave day annually. Team members can also purchase up to two additional weeks of leave per year.
- Paid parental leave – We support our new parents with paid parental leave and other benefits.
- Workplace giving – If youâ€™re passionate about a cause, then we are too â€“ we offer workplace giving and weâ€™ll dollar match your donations to registered charities.
- Development opportunities – Weâ€™re championing your development with internal programs and access to a wide range of online courses.
- Employee discounts – Youâ€™ll receive discounts on Budget Direct Car, Motorcycle, Home, and Travel insurance.
- Reward and recognition – We reward high performance with employee recognition, reward and incentive schemes.
- Onsite facilities – Thereâ€™s excellent end-of-trip facilities on offer and private spaces for nursing mothers.
- Get social – Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebrations, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.