Senior HSE Advisor – FIFO
Job Location: Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
Organization: PPS Servicing Pty Ltd
PPS Servicing has proven experience and capabilities in mining industry with maintenance, construction, engineering design, fabrication and installation of industrial facilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior HSE Advisor to join our growing team based at Sino Iron Project. We are offering full-time positions for the right candidate.
Applicants will work on 2/1(two weeks on site and one week RR) roster from Perth and base at Sino Iron Project site.
The role responsibilities:
- Administering Incident report and actions as per company procedures
- Assisting HR Manager with injury management
- Liaising with client HSEQ representatives on project issues and system requirements
- Advising site of legislative requirements for safety and environmental management and corporate compliance requirements
- Conducting HSE inspections and audits including follow up on completed actions
- Providing all necessary assistance to the company on HSE issues
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessments
- Weekly and monthly report of compliance to the client and PPS management
- Weekly and monthly collection of safety, environmental and quality related KPI’s
- Receipt, review and actioning of customer feedback by way of complaints, congratulations
- Ensure the regular testing and calibration of all gauges for quality assurance system are carried out
- Encouraging a healthy safe and environmentally responsible working culture amongst personnel
- Distribution of material on health safety and environmental education, promotion and awareness including suitable toolbox topics
- Preparing and maintaining relevant company documentation and records as per document control procedures
- Actively analysing health safety and environmental performance
- Facilitating or assisting as required in toolbox meetings when required
- Attending client / company HSE committee meetings as required
- Assisting with the coordination of training programs including the maintenance of competency standards
What you will bring:
- Australian ‘C” class motor vehicle license
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a mining site based HSE role
- Certificate IV qualification in OHS
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Australian HSE legislation and industry standards
- Proven ability to be able to communicate with groups of individuals
- Keen attention to detail, organised and methodical in approach to paperwork and other duties
- Basic computer skills in word and excel
- Ability to communicate assertively and effectively with management, trades staff and client representatives
- Ability to undertake FIFO roster 2 / 1
- Preferable Auditor qualifications for:
- ISO 9001 Quality
- ISO 14001 Environment
- ISO 45001 Health and Safety
Applicants will be required to:
- Undertake and pass a Pre-Employment Medical and D&A Test prior to commencement.
- Clean shaven for the use of P2 Respirator is required if you are a male applicant.
PPS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.