Senior Front-End Engineer
Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Company: Zip Co
At Zip (ASX: Z1P), we give millions of savvy shoppers the freedom and flexibility to pay anywhere with our leading Buy Now, Pay Later platform.
We’re here to do things differently. We are a fairer, digital alternative to the broken credit card model, giving consumers the freedom to split any purchase into 4 instalments over 6 weeks, with zero interest or hidden fees. We also help merchants and businesses to grow by offering them best–in–class products that improve conversion, increase basket sizes and delight their customers.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality – how we’re better than yesterday and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
We’re a high-growth team with endless opportunities as we scale. Come and join the squad.
About the role
You will be working on a newly built codebase following only the best practices. You will be working closely with the Engineering Manager on delivering a rock-solid global website for our users.
What you’ll do
- Feel responsible for what you do – strong sense of ownership: You build it, you test it, you run it, you deploy it, and you support it.
- Produce rock-solid code and able to work un-supervised with a “can do” attitude with that extra mile to ensure that what is delivered to the technical and business stakeholders is above and beyond their expectations.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where priority changes occur often – be agile while hiking around waterfalls.
- Perform effective code reviews. Lead the development of high-quality software used by our teams, merchants and customers.
- Manage a backlog of features, bugs and technical debt and effectively manage priority. Help support the diagnosis of production issues when they happen.
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the wider engineering teams Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Identify and remediate pain points in the application/development life cycle.
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability.
- React! We are using React to build everything. Phased Code splitting, and partial hydration are expecting you.
- TypeScript + JSDoc. We believe that TypeScript and a healthy amount of JSDoc creates more friendly environment for everyone.
- Cypress or other testing frameworks. You know – everything should be tested. We need it, we love it, it’s a must have.
- SSR + SPA – A solid understanding of how SSR works and can be implemented
- Component Driven Structure. We follow the Component Driven approach and are obsessed with Visual Regression tests with storybook.
- HTML + CSS. We don’t just want a CCS Guru but would be great to see experience in grid/adaptive/responsible/semantic.
Bonus points for
- Redux. We are not using Redux much, but any experience with state management is valuable.
- CloudFlare – We use Cloudflare a bunch, don’t need to be an expert, but know your way around.
- BEM. We actually do use BEM approach.
- Experience contributing to mainstream open-source projects.
- Working on search engine frontend development.
- Understanding of analytics services such as NewRelic, Segment, Amplitude etc
We’re proud to be a values-led business. Our values form our Mamba mentality – how we’re better today than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that’s okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- Paid birthday and volunteering leave
- Mental health and wellbeing program
- Virtual yoga and meditation classes
- Epic office with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Remote working allowance
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.