Senior Facade Design Engineer
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
About the company
The client is a specialist boutique Engineering Consultancy, purely focused in Facade Engineering specialising in design and engineering of building facades and structural steel packages including glass, GRC, curtain walls commercial glazing, aluminium cladding and balustrade systems.
It provides design and engineering services from concept and detailed design through procurement and the delivery of systems for fabricators and builders.
It has a supportive culture, providing a work life balance to its team and having high staff retention levels. It is growing organically and in a sustainable way.
It provides training and co-invests in the career development and progression of its teams.
About the role
Due to a busy project pipeline, we are seeking a Senior Facade Design Engineer or a Facade Leader / Associate who has gained previous significant experience working in the Sydney market.
You will be able to establish a team of industry experts who value collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Lead high-profile projects across Sydney from concept to completion, applying and developing your technical skills to creatively tackle complex engineering problems, delivering high-quality and detailed designs.
- Representing the client, you will manage and develop valuable relationships with project partners, including architects, consultants, project managers and builders.
- You will be across projects involving: new build facade performance design and specification, building envelope design and faÃ§ade remediation
- Produce technical reports and developing concepts that add value to a project
- Carry out engineering design for faÃ§ade, cladding, masonry and their supporting steel and RC structures
- Perform faÃ§ade structural design and analysis calculations supported by the design and engineering team
- Review contractor shop drawings and calculations
- Carry out inspections during construction, installation and fabrication on faÃ§ade elements and their weatherproofing installation
- Diagnostics and detailed assessment of ill-performing facades
About the candidate
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum of 8 years of facade design experience, primarily gained working with a consultancy
- Experience gained in faÃ§ade / building envelope / curtain wall design
- Experience in FaÃ§ade Engineering (material, weather proofing and thermal detailing)
- Able to lead design development and manage the quality of deliverables produced by the project team
- Strong work ethic, ambitious with a passion for faÃ§ade engineering
- Team player, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communication skills, confidence to coordinate with clients, project partners and stakeholders
- Degree qualified and ideally CPEng and Registered Facade Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of Australian Standards & Council design standards
- Demonstrated understanding of Engineering codes, construction standards, specs, procedures and construction techniques
- Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen
- Established team, with supportive environment
- Work life balance – flexible start and finish times, working from home and office
- Great working environment
- Training & Career Development opportunities provided
- Competitive salary with bonus benefits
- Contribute to business strategy development and initiative implementation
- Opportunities for growth and career progression
- Professional and technical training
- Work with experienced industry leaders