SENIOR ENGINEER ROAD DESIGN
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Brisbane City Council
Req ID: 591241
Personnel Area: Brisbane Infrastructure
Branch: City Projects Office
Salary Range: This position attracts a competitive remuneration and benefits package dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate
Work type: Permanent Full time
Senior Engineer, Road Design
Council’s Brisbane Infrastructure (BI) division brings together Council’s asset management, infrastructure planning, design, project management, construction, services, maintenance and transport operations activities. One of the branches within BI, City Projects Office (CPO), works in partnership with areas across Council and industry to provide world-class civil infrastructure, enhancing Brisbaneâ€™s lifestyle for its residents.
Our Planning and Design team is currently looking for a Senior Engineer, Road Design to join our team which has extensive experience and a demonstrated record of excellence in the design and documentation of transport infrastructure projects. As a consultancy branch, the team is committed to delivering design and planning outcomes that balance safety and environmental considerations with community-friendly infrastructure. As a member of this Fortitude Valley based team, you would be contributing to a number of significant Council projects including Road Corridor, Intersection and Bikeway, programs, while utilising your skills by providing professional leadership and technical knowledge to support and guide staff within the design team.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Road Design, as the Senior Engineer, Road Design, you will, lead and manage the delivery of highly complex projects.
In this role you will perform supervisory tasks relating to consultants work which includes reviewing design drawings, specifications, reports and evaluation of proposals and submissions.
The role will involve:
- Manage design scope, cost, and time to agreed terms of delivery
- Preparation of project fee proposals and delivery schedules
- Prepare design documentation for construction including tender specifications and schedules for external construction
- Facilitate resolution of design issues by providing guidance and direction to professional and technical staff
- RPEQ Engineering certification of transport infrastructure designs
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Certification as a Registered Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ) of design work carried out within the Road Design unit
- Comprehensive knowledge with relevant design guidelines and industry standards such as Austroads, Australian Standards and Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Demonstrated experience with design certification of transport and infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing customers, consultants and other project stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage multi-disciplinary design teams
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in civil engineering
Benefits of working for Council include:
- flexible working hours, and flexible arrangements
- free gym and wellness centre
- award winning superannuation fund
- generous leave provisions
- competitive salary.
Working in Council means delivering excellent customer service to the people of Brisbane.
How to apply: Click on the ‘Apply’ button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter (of no more than one page) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Position description: CLICK HERE â€“ see instructions below.
Benefits of working for Council: CLICK HERE
NB. If you are having difficulties viewing attachments to this advertisement, please use the Chrome browser (Right click on the link and copy shortcut into the new browser) and ensure you are not using mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones.
For more information: Please call Robyn Keen on 07 3403 4784
Closing Date: Thursday 25th November 2021 at 11:59pm EST
Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace where our people represent the diverse communities we serve, are supported and can feel safe. Council has been awarded Employer of the Year at the National Disability Awards and since 2018 has been recognised with â€˜Gold Employerâ€™ status from the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.