Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: FactSet Pacific Inc.
Job Description Summary
Consultants are the essential link between investment professionals and FactSetâ€™s software. Combining a thorough understanding of finance and technology with specific expertise in FactSet software, consultants help clients streamline the research and analysis process. Consultants offer an unparalleled level of service along with insight into the intricacies and functionality of FactSet applications.
Senior Consultant are tasked with additional responsibilities that include:
â€¢ Drafting strategies to improve the usage of our applications
â€¢ Managing and partaking in client projects such as roll outs, migrations and implementations
â€¢ Mentoring and coaching junior consultants and aid in their development
- 15% Training and Product Knowledge. Maintain up-to-date product, finance, and industry in order to maintain our industry-leading level of service.
- Proactively sign up to certification level 3 modules and complete successfully.
- Develop at least one expert product/content area in which others seek your knowledge and guidance and you take increased responsibility for the support and keep constant track of developments within FactSet and the marketplace.
- Build out a complete understanding of key competitors and develop replacement strategies with your salesperson (for accounts ABC etc.)
- Set up and run a competitor forum for your team where you have monthly case studies of clients and discuss what is the best approach to take in a given situation
- Use networking as a way to further develop industry information from key industry insiders
- 40% Projects & Implementation Take responsibility for the successful implementation of new products and/or workstations in all of your accounts.
- Plan your time effectively to ensure that you can always deliver timely service to clients to ensure as smooth an implementation as possible
- Utilize I-traker tool in Control Center when appropriate and update on a frequent basis.
- If necessary, delegate tasks to other members of the team in an efficient manner and according to availability and skills
- Ensure that all relevant project work that is critical to the implementation is documented appropriately
- Pro-actively communicate any potential problems or delays with your manager, clients and stakeholders as early as possible and discuss options accordingly
- 25% Account Management. Ensure you execute strategies and initiatives that allow you to maintain and strengthen the current relationships with your user base.
- Actively monitor the Usage on your accounts, plan appropriate strategies to increase overall usage and document all actions you take when usage is changing unexpectedly
- Set up reports using available client management tools to monitor usage and any potential changes in usage
- Build an understanding of the users workflow so you can target them with the appropriate training and overview which will overall increase the usage of FactSet
- When there are unexplained usage changes immediately investigate and report your findings back to sales team and manager(s)
- Regularly review sales /consulting service strategy execution with consulting manager in order to ensure that youâ€™re on track.
- 10% Collaborate with Sales and specialist. Partner with sales in managing and retaining shared accounts
- Complete a monthly Client Summary report and share with Sales and specialists.
- Attend certain sales meetings with the Sales and Specialist group to discuss new opportunities and review sales strategies
- Keep the sales team apprised of the client status, activity, opportunities, risks, and issues
- 10% Junior Mentorship: Consistently share best business practices with junior team members, be a conscious role model and pro-actively mentor them and aid in their development
- Consistently share the best business practices with junior team members, be a conscious role model and actively mentor them and aid in their development
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback on junior members of the team in catch up meetings with the Manager
- Actively coach junior consultants when you go on visits with them on what could be done better, different approaches to problems, and general tips on improving their skills
- Ensure that you are always very well prepared for any visits or meetings you attend with Junior consultants so that they are following a good example
- Ensure that you take time to explain problems and solutions properly to aid the development of skills longer term
- Set aside a regular time to go through queries and questions with junior members of the team to ensure continued development
- Education: Bachelorâ€™s degree in finance, MIS, economics, accounting, business administration, mathematics or similar field. MBA preferred. 2-4 years of experience, preferably in a finance role
- Strong technical skills and deep FactSet product knowledge; strong PC skills
- Enthusiasm, desire and a strong sense of initiative service/support for clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to inspire confidence and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships with FactSet clients
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
- Most decision-making is made by the Consulting manager. Sr. Consultants have the ability to develop strategies on accounts and manage projects but this needs to be validated/approved by management. Sr. Consultants have the liberty to choose focus areas for Training and Product Knowledge
- Consulting Manager Overall guidance and direction Daily/weekly
- Sales Leaders To stay current on client needs and opportunities Weekly
- Account Execs To partner on client work Daily